Author Topic: Great Dwilight War:Astrum defeats Asylon and Farronite forces.  (Read 265932 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Dwilight War
« Reply #45: June 27, 2013, 02:18:14 AM »
I dont think Astrum or Morek can muster 40kcs armies unless they figure out a way to get their militia to march with them. 20k I can see as plausible.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: June 27, 2013, 02:29:38 AM »
The Great Revolt - The Northern Theocracies stood strong and realistically unopposed for a very long time. Yet after a couple failed colonies and several missteps later, half the continent revolts against their influence.

Just an idea :P
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: June 27, 2013, 03:05:51 AM »
I dont think Astrum or Morek can muster 40kcs armies unless they figure out a way to get their militia to march with them. 20k I can see as plausible.

Indeed, those numbers are inflated by militia, I believe. The list says Phantaria has 12,000 CS but we certainly do not have that much mobile CS. With militia maybe.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Fanofgaming

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: June 27, 2013, 03:13:41 AM »
As the player of the general of Astrum, I wish somebody would have told me I had over 50,000 CS at my disposal. This war would be a cakewalk if I had known.

Too bad I don't.  :(

Zakilevo

« Reply #49: June 27, 2013, 03:23:58 AM »
Most of Astrum's CS comes from militia :p Everyone knows that.

Bjarnson

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: June 27, 2013, 03:29:00 AM »
Asylon - A savage realm with religious freedom, allowing any faith to be practiced within its border and defend the faithfulls right to do so, the home of the Bloodmoon Cult and known for its "odd" ways that seem very strange to non-Asylonians. A realm lead by King Grimrog and his council that with their elective Monarchy has shaped an old small colony into a mighty bear, awoken from slumber to reclaim territories lost. Warpainted Berserkers, Spearwielding Savages, Mounted Knights and Rough Rangers makes up Asylons army, a horde with little discipline known for raiding and hit and run tactics.

Edit.

As you all can see now, Asylon has taken a stand and joined their new friends in Niselur.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 03:32:39 AM by Sir Grimrog Bjarnson »
King Grimrog Bjarnson of Asylon.

Frostwood

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: June 27, 2013, 03:30:55 AM »
I believe that Astrum's movement was sluggish in the last war as well.  That is part of what Niselur is counting on.  The big risk is that wake a sleeping giant.

While there is always room for surprises, that does seem to be a very valid prediction. Especially for Morek. How Long would it take Luria Nova to march an army North? How likely is it that they will be able to strongarm their way through Swordfell (Who, btw, is placed in a most unenviable position between the two)?
Swordfell is going to remain neutral, there is a referendum going on whether to help D'Hara, but apparently it is going to fail.
Characters:Lain Frostwood, Ghostfire Frostwood, Talia(commoner)

Jaden

• Noble Lord
  • Jameel, Jabari, Jadyn, Jerold
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: June 27, 2013, 03:52:40 AM »
my first war as marshal and it has to be this war... I am !@#$ scared  :'(
PM me for the Dota 2 guild.
"Darka would like to thank CE and co for their generous offerings, the Holy Volcano will be filled up for days with all these offerings!"-Jaret Jaron's last words

Frostwood

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: June 27, 2013, 04:16:01 AM »
my first war as marshal and it has to be this war... I am !@#$ scared  :'(
Corsanctum, don't worry your realm is low on the target list.  You do have the hardest job mobilizing that nation.
Characters:Lain Frostwood, Ghostfire Frostwood, Talia(commoner)

Jaden

• Noble Lord
  • Jameel, Jabari, Jadyn, Jerold
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: June 27, 2013, 04:26:08 AM »
We are already mobilised, Corsanctum just doesn't talk much  :-\
PM me for the Dota 2 guild.
"Darka would like to thank CE and co for their generous offerings, the Holy Volcano will be filled up for days with all these offerings!"-Jaret Jaron's last words

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: June 27, 2013, 05:19:05 AM »
Corsanctum doesn't take much to mobilize. "All five of you who aren't priests get to the capital!" :p
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
« Reply #56: June 27, 2013, 05:28:08 AM »
...Priests could become -brutal- in this war. Lots of realms following a single religion, lots of realms at war, RTOs...

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: June 27, 2013, 05:31:36 AM »
Name suggestions:

"The Lame War"
"The Unnecessary War"
"The Carefully Engineered War"
"War of Leopoldian Arrogance"

"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: June 27, 2013, 05:32:22 AM »
...Priests could become -brutal- in this war. Lots of realms following a single religion, lots of realms at war, RTOs...

Heh, yeah, not likely. Pretty sure the priesthood is going to be pushing hard for surrender at the first opportunity.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: June 27, 2013, 05:37:39 AM »
Any war to bring more regions to Itau is a good war.  ::)
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!