Author Topic: Great Dwilight War:Astrum defeats Asylon and Farronite forces.  (Read 267869 times)

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Dwilight War
« Reply #60: June 27, 2013, 05:40:09 AM »
"War of Leopoldian Arrogance"

I like this one  :D
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: June 27, 2013, 05:41:33 AM »
...Priests could become -brutal- in this war. Lots of realms following a single religion, lots of realms at war, RTOs...
RTOs can only be performed by elders IIRC.  :)
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: June 27, 2013, 05:45:18 AM »
RTOs can only be performed by elders IIRC.  :)

errr.... really?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: June 27, 2013, 06:20:27 AM »
errr.... really?
I believe so. Either that, or full members, but guess who decides the ranks  ::)

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
« Reply #64: June 27, 2013, 06:26:32 AM »
Heh, yeah, not likely. Pretty sure the priesthood is going to be pushing hard for surrender at the first opportunity.

What better way to force everyone to surrender than to utterly wreck everything with RTOs, and have your priest nobles absolutely unaccountable?

"You guys surrender, or we keep this up for months until all that's left is your capital city."

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: June 27, 2013, 06:38:15 AM »
Priests can be arrested in failed RTOs as criminals... and then, executed. Sweet.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Zakilevo

« Reply #66: June 27, 2013, 06:40:40 AM »
Is it just me or the players of characters who talk a lot in game believe this war is lame? ;)

I hope this war becomes the end of SA \o/

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: June 27, 2013, 08:00:15 AM »
I believe so. Either that, or full members, but guess who decides the ranks  ::)

Guess what character class can't be demoted out of full membership?
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #68: June 27, 2013, 08:17:14 AM »
These are all in the Rulers channel, so I do not believe that they are private messages, since they are meant to announce declarations of war. Have fun, I know I will.

Letter from Leopold Arrakis   (11 hours, 19 minutes ago)
Message sent to the Rulers of Dwilight (15 recipients)

Rulers of the world,

On this day, the Kingdom of Niselur rises to meet the challenge of the theocracies. The failure of any of these to acknowledge the rightful Niselurian proclamation of a monarchy and a preparation of a crusade against my Kingdom has alienated our relations to a point of war. The continuing support of the theocracies for the craven politics of the Church Elders, failure to muster courage to defy the chains of artificialities of the Charter, bullying and oppression are the charges I put forward against my enemies. From the perspective of the monarchic government of Niselur, this is a dangerous position we find ourselves in and as such we are compelled to act.

For the Golden Rider,
Leopold Arrakis
King of Niselur
Royal of Niselur
Duke of the Golden Throne
Count of Kaigen

Letter from Kale Perth   (10 hours, 59 minutes ago)

Rulers of Dwilight,

The Grand Principality of Phantaria has suffered from the same opportunistic, lack of apolitical attitude from the Church of Sanguis Astroism. Thus, the Grand Principality sees King Leopold of Niselur acting in our interests and we have diplomatically aligned ourselves with him to reflect that.

Furthermore, we shall immediately take action against Alaster Kabrinski in Terran who has made it well known that he does not respect nor recognize the Phantaro-Theocratic Accord. He has jeopardized the peace between our realms as well as refused to recognize the benefits granted to the Grand Principality under the said Accord. Thus, we shall now refuse to recognize the benefits granted unto Alaster Kabrinski and his Theocracy under the said Accord and shall resume the war against them.

For the Principality,
Kale Perth
Grand Prince of Phantaria
Royal of Phantaria
Duke of Phantaria
Margrave of Shokalom

Letter from Eviera Lanze   (10 hours, 21 minutes ago)

Rulers of Dwilight,

Though I have shared some brief discussions of peace with King Veles and find him to be an honorable man, the reasons for the Morek Empire's war with the Libero Empire are too many to count.

1) Relations between our realms have soured steadily so since long before I became Grandmistress.
2) Though King Veles has been quick to resolve the many transgressions between Libero Troops in Morek Lands, the fact is that these transgressions have continued for far too long and the nobles of the Morek Empire have been demanding punishment for a great length of time.
3) Discussions with King Leopold have proven to be fruitless, he has more or less ignored my attempts to discuss with him the future for the Morek Empire and the Libero Empire, claiming that I only seek to dethrone him by default because of the Morek Empire's government type alone.
4) Niselur has allegiance with various realms recently indicate that Niselur intends to corner off and surround the Morek Empire and her allies.  War would only be a pre-emptive measure of defense on Morek's part.
5) The Libero Empire is a vassal state of Niselur.  Niselur declared war on the Morek Empire and her allies, so by default, Morek's official declaration of war against the Libero Empire is Niselur's doing and Niselur's alone.

The Morek Empire will not be contained or repressed, though attempts to seek peaceful resolutions have been attempted, it seems only myself and King Veles made any honest efforts to obtain it.

I am deeply saddened that this will undoubtedly stain my relationship with the good King Veles, but it is unfortunately an inevitability at this time.

So, there are my reasons for the war, though I am sure plenty of you will find your own truth/excuses for it regardless.

Most Sincerely,
Eviera Lanze
Grandmistress of Morek Empire
Royal of Morek Empire
Duchess of Donghaiwei
Margravine of Donghaiwei

Letter from Veles Sobczek   (9 hours, 55 minutes ago)

Rulers of Dwilight,

Yes, we are a vassal state of Niselur - this was an arrangement that was made simply because Morek's previous Grandmaster forced us into it. Still, this is the agreement we made and Liberites honor their pledges.

It a shame that this war pits Astroist against Astroist.

Yours,
Veles Sobczek
King of Libero Empire
Royal of Libero Empire
Duke of Nifelhold
Margrave of Nifelhold
Marshal of Libero Hussars

Letter from Alice Arundel   (9 hours, 33 minutes ago)

Rulers of Dwilight,

Luria Nova, being an ally of Niselur's, hereby declares war against the Morek Empire and her allies. Formal declarations will be issued over the next few days.

Beyond supporting our ally in the northwest, Luria is fed up with Morek's attempts to curb the former's development and prosperity in Lower Toprak. It seems more than apparent that Morek is the continent's bully, and now her victims rise up against her.

Let there be justice in the name of the stars.

For the Golden Eagle,
Alice Arundel
Queen of Luria Nova
Royal of Luria Nova
Duchess of Giask
Viscountess of Herle

Letter from Grimrog Bjarnson   (5 hours, 35 minutes ago)

Rulers of Dwilight,

Asylon do not wage war on the Astroist church or its followers, we do not consider it or them our enemies as we have faithful commoners within our borders.

We wage war on Astrum to retake regions lost in the past and to join our allies in the common goal in ending the oppressive nature of Astrum and its allies.
Also to uphold my word as King of Asylon, as my word and Honor was given to aid our allies in their goals.

May this war bring Glory to all that takes a side and stay true to their Causus bellis...

Honor, Glory and Unity.
Grimrog Bjarnson
King of Asylon
Royal of Asylon
Duke of Bloodmoon
Earl of Via

cenrae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: June 27, 2013, 08:45:54 AM »
Yeah Khari likes to be cryptic.

Likes to yes, and its a time issue. New baby and all. Never enough time to fully address all the messages it get.
Kye Family: Khari (Farronite Republic), Kalidor (Tara), Astridicus (Astrum)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: June 27, 2013, 09:00:02 AM »
Asylon's war declaration simplified, "So you guys are having this big war? Well we are going for a land grab. O yeah and to help our allies out to be honorable, that too."
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: June 27, 2013, 09:20:09 AM »
Asylon's war declaration simplified, "So you guys are having this big war? Well we are going for a land grab. O yeah and to help our allies out to be honorable, that too."

In typical Asylon fashion  ;D
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: June 27, 2013, 09:47:39 AM »
Name suggestions:

"The Lame War"
"The Unnecessary War"
"The Carefully Engineered War"
"War of Leopoldian Arrogance"

You're like the only guy on the continent not pumped for continent-wide war!
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: June 27, 2013, 09:58:00 AM »
You're like the only guy on the continent not pumped for continent-wide war!

Because this time he knows he cant weasel his way out of this.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Daimall

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: June 27, 2013, 10:14:20 AM »
Vellos is just unhappy that the church and the Astroist Federation is being cracked open in terms of solidarity before he can realize his character's dream of seeing Sangius Astroism spread to the entirety of Dwilight.