Author Topic: Great Dwilight War:Astrum defeats Asylon and Farronite forces.  (Read 267837 times)

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
You cannot simply "Arrest Priest" and then ban said priest

Right. To ban them, they must be caught as criminals... in a failed RTO, maybe after a failed Auto da Fe...
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Dwilight War
« Reply #106: June 28, 2013, 04:32:06 AM »
battle between Phantaria/Farronite vs Terran.   Terran wins!   how long can we hold out.

I believe that was a small minority of our army there. (If I had been there, the Phantaria/Farronite side would have had about 33% more people.

A good third of Phantaria's force didn't move as well. We even did a full day move. We have a very delicate size advantage over Terran's forces where all of our Nobles have to show up to win in Saffalore and they didn't this time. Even with the help of Paul Marlboro's large unit from the Farronites it didn't make up for the few Phantarian nobles who failed to move. Bummer.

But also, this front of the war will be fun! Relatively equal sized realms (in Nobles) fighting. Unless the Farronites show up in force, that is.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #107: June 28, 2013, 04:34:26 AM »
Vellos is just unhappy that the church and the Astroist Federation is being cracked open in terms of solidarity before he can realize his character's dream of seeing Sangius Astroism spread to the entirety of Dwilight.

This is exactly what I'm unhappy about.

I don't give a darn which side wins: Hireshmont's career will carry on quite unhindered either way, doesn't matter which flag is on the battlements. But if SA gets turned into a lame flavor-religion, Hireshmont will be done as a character, and I'll have my biggest disappointment ever in BM. I'd probably actually take a break from playing for a few weeks/months if things looked to be heading that way.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Oh and, for the record: IMHO, Asylon and Phantaria have great casi belli. Niselur's is lame. I don't really understand Luria Nova's position, other than, "Morek likes D'Hara more than us. GRRRAAAA!!!!"
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Re: Dwilight Continental War I
« Reply #109: June 28, 2013, 04:59:49 AM »
As long as King Leopold keeps posting ruler channel messages, which he usually does to keep the realm informed and active.  I would prefer all game messages to be in code to prevent them from taking up pages and pages.

I'm really enjoying reading these messages, but could you post them using Quote rather than Code? Code is a horrible, horrible format to read on a mobile device.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Dwilight Continental War I
« Reply #110: June 28, 2013, 05:02:02 AM »
Code is a horrible, horrible format to read on a mobile device.
Or anywhere else, really.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #111: June 28, 2013, 05:07:43 AM »

I don't give a darn which side wins: Hireshmont's career will carry on quite unhindered either way, doesn't matter which flag is on the battlements. But if SA gets turned into a lame flavor-religion, Hireshmont will be done as a character, and I'll have my biggest disappointment ever in BM. I'd probably actually take a break from playing for a few weeks/months if things looked to be heading that way.

I dont understand all this talk of SA becoming a lame flavour religion etc, it is up to the playerbase and not some artificial construct that will determine SA's future. SA is not entitled to a future like anything else in BM. SA will change, Dwilight will change, we will change... As the saying goes ' what doesnt kill you only makes you stranger'
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Frostwood

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Oh and, for the record: IMHO, Asylon and Phantaria have great casi belli. Niselur's is lame. I don't really understand Luria Nova's position, other than, "Morek likes D'Hara more than us. GRRRAAAA!!!!"
Oh we have great cause-we want to renew the church by scraping the charter, and because of the supposed corruption of the elders.
That and we have built up too much momentum to stop.  If we backed out, our allies may never support us again, and then the church will crush us.
When your character offered peace terms I think he underestimated the momentum behind this war, and the planning that went behind it.

Oh don't worry, I've helpfully set you up for the new church you are going to form.
I'm really enjoying reading these messages, but could you post them using Quote rather than Code? Code is a horrible, horrible format to read on a mobile device.
I will do quotes from now on then
Characters:Lain Frostwood, Ghostfire Frostwood, Talia(commoner)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Thanks, much appreciated.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114: June 28, 2013, 05:22:45 AM »
You cannot simply "Arrest Priest" and then ban said priest - at least not on stable.
No you cannot. I meant that when they do something illegal, such as an auto da fe or inciting peasants, they can be arrested during that process. They are therefore in prison for being a criminal, and can be banned.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #115: June 28, 2013, 05:23:35 AM »
Personally, Henrich has good reason since Yeux (a parent) left Morek to found Averoth, a realm devoured by the theocracies.
Averoth offered themselves up on a silver platter. It would have been impolite to refuse them.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #116: June 28, 2013, 05:26:59 AM »
though my favourite is the grudge match between D'Hara and Luria. Those kinds of justifications represent a way of playing that is conductive for good fun, as they demonstrate an unabashed willingness for aggression amongst the participants.

I picture D'Hara v. Luria Nova as a sort of France v. Germany thing. Always looking to take pot shots out of one another and always preparing for how they can whoop up on the other in the next major war.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Oh we have great cause-we want to renew the church by scraping the charter, and because of the supposed corruption of the elders.
Except that you never tried to actually change the charter in any way. Niselur said nothing about the charter. Ever. Until one day Leopold suddenly stands up, with no warning, and screams "This crusade sucks! The charter sucks! The church sucks! WAR!!!!!" Let's face it, most of the people in your realm weren't even members of the church until after Leopold's rebellion. Lain wasn't even a member of the church until after the war was already planned, and set in motion.

If Niselur truly desired to renew the church and rework the charter, they would have actually attempted to do so by, you know, actually trying to do so before declaring war.

That and we have built up too much momentum to stop.  If we backed out, our allies may never support us again, and then the church will crush us.
Which is actually a perfectly legitimate reason for going to war. All this "we want to renew the church and get a better charter" is just hokum.

When your character offered peace terms I think he underestimated the momentum behind this war, and the planning that went behind it.
We knew Leopold would refuse before we even sent the offer to him. Yet the offer had to be made, regardless.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #118: June 28, 2013, 05:34:00 AM »
I'm getting mixed signals here. Is D'Hara declaring against the Magna Saecularibus Alliance?

HOnestly, the wars have not even been discussed in any of the realm channels. We are just sitting in our armchairs sipping our brandy, twirling our moustachios and muttering "Great Scott!" everytime something new happens.

*sip*
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Averoth offered themselves up on a silver platter. It would have been impolite to refuse them.

My fault that I don't know nothing about Averoth after leave with Yeux to Beluaterra. He just helped to found it and then moved away. But among parents, Henrich can be resentful anyway  ::)

It's more to say that I have some history in Dwlight before Henrich. :)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 05:39:15 AM by Eduardo Almighty »
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!