Author Topic: Great Dwilight War:Astrum defeats Asylon and Farronite forces.  (Read 267889 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Rynn agreed only because he feels that helping friends is worth more than fighting enemies. Not a Lurian concept, I know  ;)

Mostly because through all of Luria's history up to the founding of Swordfell, there were only three realms within the range to have any meaningful relationship at all: D'Hara, Fissoa, and the ill-fated Myern.

So unless one of Fissoa or D'Hara wanted to be Luria's friend against the other, no, that's not a concept that could have had any relevance to Luria.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Okay now that's bologna.

Leopold doesn't respond to messages half the time, and has a long track-record of silence and non-participation.

There is a perfectly good reason why Leopold doesn't respond to Hireshmont's private messages. Because he has nothing to say to him. Hireshmont thinks of himself as if it is his god given right that everyone should keep him in the know of everything and politely reply to every mumbo jumbo he mutters. Leopold simply doesn't want to entangle himself in any endless debates with someone as verbose as Hireshmonnt, for it is simply a waste of time. The two have already agreed to disagree on the nature of the crusade against Phantaria, and the fact that that was the breaking point where Elders and Leopold drifted apart, why should he waste ink on any of them? The negotiation part was clearly over when Leopold was pushing for repercussions for the failed crusade while the Elders decided to continue with their lives as if the crusade never happened.

You've tried to include your realm-mates. That ain't everyone. Now I don't see any obligation to include everyone, so I don't think what you're doing is wrong. But it certainly isn't true. The whole reason we are where we are is because Leopold doesn't include others and doesn't want to include others.

I did include those I considered important for me. Niselur's nobles, allies and friends. Even the Church knew that things were gonna happen. Pardon for not running a PR agency, but I think I have included all those that needed to be included.

Niselur and Asylon have some real stellar RPers: problem is they're people who really like to play a character who's piously and sacrifically devoted to messing up the things other players have spent years building.

As someone who had a very important character in SA and who has done a lot to help build SA to what it is I am unsure if your attempt of moral superiority is really necessary here. Boreal was spreading SA across the north while Hireshmont was busy rebelling in Melodia and what not, and when Bloodstars were a very unfamiliar term to a young republican he was. I am aware of the amount of energy and dedication that has been invested into SA, but to hint that because of that we should avoid certain IC events is simply preposterous.

Your entire problem with all of this is that you're having crazy fun with SA in its current shape and form (firm, entangled federations that form eternal peace and therefore ensure the Elders enough power to do as they please), but others, and I dare say vast majority, doesn't. You're mistaking your perception of SA for everyone elses. 'Tis why you can't understand the excitement this war is bringing to practically all of Dwilight, which I believe is a very good thing for the entire community.
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
It seems a Capet is making various threats to various nobles, and making the church look more the fool by the minute. D:

That's only because people keep insisting it's got anything to do with the church. But some people only read what they want to read, do they not?

Gustav Kuriga

That's only because people keep insisting it's got anything to do with the church. But some people only read what they want to read, do they not?

Did I say that's what I read into it? Perception is perception, whether based on truth or falsehoods.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Yeah that quote from Vellos about Niselur and Asylon is supremely arrogant.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Rynn agreed only because he feels that helping friends is worth more than fighting enemies. Not a Lurian concept, I know  ;)

Rynn agreed to help Fissoa for the same reason Alice did: so that Fissoa would either join the cause or remain neutral in a war between Luria and D'Hara.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile

I did include those I considered important for me. Niselur's nobles, allies and friends. Even the Church knew that things were gonna happen. Pardon for not running a PR agency, but I think I have included all those that needed to be included.

If you'd read my post, you would realize I wasn't criticizing you. I don't see that players have any obligation to include everyone. Having secret plots and exclusive plans is normal and fine. I was just pointing out that Leopold was not bending over backwards to include people.

Your entire problem with all of this is that you're having crazy fun with SA in its current shape and form (firm, entangled federations that form eternal peace and therefore ensure the Elders enough power to do as they please),

Ha. Hahahahaha. Not quite. That's a surprisingly common perception, though. Ask yourself: before Kale, who was the last ruler to start a war with a theocracy?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Gustav Kuriga

If you'd read my post, you would realize I wasn't criticizing you. I don't see that players have any obligation to include everyone. Having secret plots and exclusive plans is normal and fine. I was just pointing out that Leopold was not bending over backwards to include people.

Ha. Hahahahaha. Not quite. That's a surprisingly common perception, though. Ask yourself: before Kale, who was the last ruler to start a war with a theocracy?

Kale didn't start a war with a theocracy, you changed the realm into a theocracy after they declared war.

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile

Asylon, maybe Aurvandil depending on what you define as starting a war.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile

Aurvandil? Ha, yeah no they didn't start that.

Asylon? Not quite. Think back to what started Asylon's war with Kabrinskia. Now admittedly Glaumring went way beyond what his handlers wanted.

I'm just pointing out that the idea of Hireshmont as a lackey to the theocracies could hardly be further from the truth.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Says the guy who is a lackey to the theocracies  ::)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Are you people seriously not getting what Vellos is hinting at? ???
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile

Shhh  ;)
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile

That he is some sort of infiltrator saboteur?

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile

He's talking about himself. Terran's war against Kabrinskia when Hireshmont was Chief Magistrate of Terran.

"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)