Author Topic: Great Dwilight War:Astrum defeats Asylon and Farronite forces.  (Read 267670 times)

Sarwell

• Knight
    • View Profile
Anyone care to take a stab at what the root cause of this war is?

The rest of the Occidens tiring of the hegemony of Sanguis Astroism, really. One self-professed but unrecognized theocracy getting revenge for being spurned, one former theocracy declaring "independence", one big realm with its own mix of reasons, one small realm angry after the Church stopped them from taking over an even smaller realm.
Sarwell Family - Alna (Phantaria), Rosnan (Ohnar West), Julian (Strombran)
New female characters start with an extra 10% skill in cooking and in cleaning.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Anyone care to take a stab at what the root cause of this war is?

Boredom
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

cenrae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Boredom

That's for sure.

Here's how the Farronites did their part.

We took two rogue regions from Phantaria then positioned to attack them. Asylon says they are under their protection. So we need a new target as we can't take on Asylon by ourselves. Oh there's terran in our federation that nobody wants in. lets go eat their food, see what that does then press on to Saffalore.this was the same time Alaster protested our generals actions cuz he had no idea of our plans. Then the crusade was called and buggered up all our plans.

So that about suns up how we contributed to this mess.
Kye Family: Khari (Farronite Republic), Kalidor (Tara), Astridicus (Astrum)

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
Alaster taking over Terran was like Christmas for Paul. Er, Astromas.

For all the people saying this is the end of great ol' SA, even if you're right, it is going out with one hell of a bang.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
That's for sure.

Here's how the Farronites did their part.

We took two rogue regions from Phantaria then positioned to attack them. Asylon says they are under their protection. So we need a new target as we can't take on Asylon by ourselves. Oh there's terran in our federation that nobody wants in. lets go eat their food, see what that does then press on to Saffalore.this was the same time Alaster protested our generals actions cuz he had no idea of our plans. Then the crusade was called and buggered up all our plans.

So that about suns up how we contributed to this mess.

Yup. That's about how it looked from the outside too.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Niselur and Asylon have some real stellar RPers: problem is they're people who really like to play a character who's piously and sacrifically devoted to messing up the things other players have spent years building.

"!@#$ happens". Not every realm, mainly with stellar RPeers, want to bow and let a religion, better the religion can be for its followers, and be ruled by eternal allies trying to dominate the entire continent. I believe that in Asylon a lot of people just don't care with your precious religion. We want war and we want more regions... you must consider that some people prefer to play and roleplay warriors in a warrior realm instead serve in theocracies full of priests or be ruled by such realms.

If you cannot take care of your sheep, the wolves will take them away. You consolidated too much power and everyone else want a piece. This is natural for every great empire. You will have to deal with the "vikings". Asylon is this kind of realm.

We don't care with your religion, we just want your lands and a good fight. Be used to it... happily for Astrum, it's hard to convince Asylon to have a new policy to become stronger while we can. But Henrich is trying.

Stellar RPers... pff.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Stellar RPers... pff.

....are you saying Asylon and Niselur don't have some pretty good RPers?
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
....are you saying Asylon and Niselur don't have some pretty good RPers?

Based on the full content of his post, I think he's saying it doesn't really matter whether they do or not.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
This definitely won't be the end of SA. Niselur and FR just want to replace Astrum and Morek at the head of the SA machine.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
That... is completely at odds with what is being claimed both IG and OOG. If that's what they're intending, then they are hiding their true plans quite thoroughly.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Gustav Kuriga

That... is completely at odds with what is being claimed both IG and OOG. If that's what they're intending, then they are hiding their true plans quite thoroughly.

That is completely at odds with what is being claimed by those against Niselur and FR in the Church, you mean.

Frostwood

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
To be honest, I just like fun and flavour.  I think Leopold would have liked few more RL months of prep time for this war, but his plans were accelerated when Sir Rannekk, tired of not getting any opponents to fight, said he didn't see any point in continuing(after a bad day at work), and almost left.
Leopold said there was more to battlemaster than battles, and that wars take time to create, and promised to accelerate things.  I think the sight of losing another player to the stagnant north caused all nobles of Niselur to accelerate things. 

Immediately after Kabrinski took reign as Grandmaster of Terran and threatened to void the treaty between Phantaria and Terran, King Leopold asked what Niselurian nobles thought of this.

I thought we need to send a strong message, so I suggested that we show we withdrew from the charter by re-forming as a monarchy.  Surprisingly everyone jumped on board.
Characters:Lain Frostwood, Ghostfire Frostwood, Talia(commoner)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
That is completely at odds with what is being claimed by those against Niselur and FR in the Church, you mean.
I meant exactly what I said.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
What's this about raids?