Author Topic: Great Dwilight War:Astrum defeats Asylon and Farronite forces.  (Read 267864 times)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
As long as they dont endanger long term strategies either. Sometimes the observations here are too eager to ascertain the nuances of movements like a 24 hour news broadcast. Much of strategy is knowing how to move within the fog of war better than your enemy and if they are reading stuff here it will affect their knowledge.

Too true, but reports like what happened in a battle, who was wounded, whose unit did badass, what region got lost these are things I enjoy seeing. Essentially, a POV of the Huge Battle Reports everyone gets. Ya know?
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Agreed, but no one needs to know the size of Moreks puny army or Lurian stragglers in Morek.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
At what point were they cut in three at, Lorgan?

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I would guess between losing Rye and White Plains and taking Mt. Black Nastrond. That would've isolated Nifelhold.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
They didn't lose White Plains or Rye before the war started.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Takeover   (3 days ago)
message to Everyone on Dwilight
Morek Empire has taken control of Rye. The region used to belong to Libero Empire.

Doesn't matter though, apparently they'd been cut into three pieces for some time, until they retook Mt. Black Nastrond.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
But where, if not Rye and White Plains?

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
With Mt. Black Nastrond and White Plaisn under Morek's flag, Nifelhold was isolated. So you had the Storm's Keep duchy, the Springdale duchy, and Nifelhold, all separated from each other.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
But, again, that was *after* the war began. The claim was that they were split in three *before* the war began.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
That was before the war. I actually repeatedly mocked them on IRC because of their isolated capital and the fact that they were split in 3. Guess you missed it. :)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Well, they're mock-worthiness isn't in doubt. I just remember looking at the map several times pre-war and seeing White Plains and Rye flying Liberate banners, not Morekian banners. So I don't really know what you're talking about....

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
White Plains was Morek territory since before I unpaused 6 weeks ago...

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
I swear I saw otherwise, from January until the war began. Oh well. At times like this, I sure wish regions had a history of when they changed owners.

Leybrook

• Peasant
  • House Pohjanen
    • View Profile
White Plains was a Libero province until last March/April. The region's recently elected ruler, Patrice, started mismanaging her region and her duke told her to get it under control, but she acted like a child and just switched to Morek, complained about being oppressed or something. Libero tried to negotiate with Morek, but their response was less than cordial and war almost broke out.

I'm all for having the option to switch sides, but one thing I don't understand is why breaking an oath has no ramifications for the character, or why switching sides can be done so early after being sworn it, why not implement a severe prestige or honour penalty at the very least? Such things shouldn't be taken lightly.

This is why Patrice is like 3rd on the bounty list in Dwilight, my character hates her with a passion and bumped her there (IRL, I don't care). Anyway, prior to the current war, Libero was having an internal (non-secretive) discussion about an alliance Morek had offered, the only 'demand' Libero had on its list was the head of Patrice. They declined.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 05:30:12 AM by Leybrook »

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Enforcement of oaths and things like that is left up to the players. Any kind of mechanical enforcement would doubtless cause more problems than it would solve.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.