Author Topic: Great Dwilight War:Astrum defeats Asylon and Farronite forces.  (Read 267855 times)

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
5 out of 6 to be precise 8)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
I think at least half of them are going to complete lose their entire unit, including their general.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
That's a good thing. Embarking from an enemy rural region with tons of wounded soldiers would take a lot of time and money. It would be less of a hassle for them to abandon their units and travel home solo, but that would cost them honour. It's convenient for them to let you eliminate their units, as it saves them the trouble.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Sure, abondon 100-150 gold worth of trained, cohesive soldiers so you can save yourself 15 gold on the road home.

Yeah, pull my other leg.

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I think that in this case embarking would cost a lot more than that. Iirc, the last time I tried doing it from an enemy rural region, it's cost was in the area of one hundred gold and would have taken over thirty hours. This was with around thirty cavalry, all wounded. After ditching the cavalry, I was able to embark within a few hours, at the price of only ten or twenty gold.

The high cost of embarking under such circumstances is why Aurvandil elected to spend several days taking over Saffalore, which served no other purpose than to reduce fees, rather than leave immediately after trouncing Terran. If the act made the difference of a mere fifteen gold per noble they wouldn't have bothered.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Dead soldiers need to be replaced, so the savings won't matter in the long run.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Cavalry, in general, is more expensive to begin with. None of the Farronites had cavalry.

Gustav Kuriga

Gold doesn't bother us. Trust me... we have PLENTY of that. We aren't worried about losing gold, more than likely it was hours that people were worried about.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Gold doesn't bother us. Trust me... we have PLENTY of that. We aren't worried about losing gold, more than likely it was hours that people were worried about.

It's Dwilight. Pretty much everyone has more gold than they know what to do with, since almost everyone's a lord. Gold might as well be infinite for all the practical effect it has at the moment.

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
It's true. I'm a priestess with 2500 bonds worth of gold. I wish my little infiltrator in Atamara was this rich :(

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
It was a gripping success in that you sent like a third of your army to deal with us. *Feels like a cool guy.*

Actually the senate came up with the plan, Paul was just carrying it out. This oughta give him more slack on the ol' leash.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
It's true. I'm a priestess with 2500 bonds worth of gold. I wish my little infiltrator in Atamara was this rich :(

Send it to your family and your infiltrator can have it  8)

egamma

Send it to your family and your infiltrator can have it  8)

He couldn't get more than about 500 of it, actually. There are limits on family gold withdrawal/transfers.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
It was a gripping success in that you sent like a third of your army to deal with us. *Feels like a cool guy.*
I will admit that it was a surprise.

I will deny that it was a success. :)

It would have been better if I hadn't forgotten to click the Delay Arrival link... :(

Frostwood

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Karibash has 210 men!  He's like a one-man army.
Characters:Lain Frostwood, Ghostfire Frostwood, Talia(commoner)