Author Topic: Great Dwilight War:Astrum defeats Asylon and Farronite forces.  (Read 267846 times)

Cato

• Peasant
    • View Profile
I seriously hope you don't think that the offensive capabilities of a unit are the sole purpose for recruiting one? How about Karibash sits out the next battle and you can see what it's like to lose 50% of your infantry?  ;D

Does a unit's ability to soak damage scale linearly with its size? I've never really thought about this but I guess I always assumed that the diminishing cs returns for larger units were a factor of both decreased offensive and defensive capabilities.

Daimall

• Knight
    • View Profile
Karibash has not only the numbers to preform a quicker takeover, but as well as maintaining a high CS even with casualties. If he gets half of his men killed or wounded, then he still have perhaps 800-900 CS left,  which is nothing to scoff at. Basically I guess its like the concept of the Persian Immortals, one falls and another immediately takes his place (for awhile).

Of course, it does come with the natural drawback of what I would imagine a hideously slow travel time, compounded by Karibash old age. Oh and if battle is not given then I wouldn't want to know the repair cost and time for that kind of unit.

BarticaBoat

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Karibash has not only the numbers to preform a quicker takeover, but as well as maintaining a high CS even with casualties. If he gets half of his men killed or wounded, then he still have perhaps 800-900 CS left,  which is nothing to scoff at. Basically I guess its like the concept of the Persian Immortals, one falls and another immediately takes his place (for awhile).

Of course, it does come with the natural drawback of what I would imagine a hideously slow travel time, compounded by Karibash old age. Oh and if battle is not given then I wouldn't want to know the repair cost and time for that kind of unit.
And we have a winner! The unit is pretty high armour, so we soak up a ridiculous amount of damage. Astrumese units have always been known for hitting hard but not taking hits, I'm complementing the rest of the army. Combine a strong front line with our pretty legendary archers and there are definite reasons for having a massive unit. Also, Karibash has a massive unit.

The travel isn't that bad, travel penalties cap out far below 200 men but I did take 3 days and a ridiculous amount of gold to repair ~40% damage.

Zakilevo

More you unit you have, lesser CS you will gain from having those additional units due to diminishing returns. However, it works both ways. You won't lose as much CS from losing your men as well. The only downside of having over 200 men is repair time. These days, repair cost isn't that much but when you have to sit in your city to repair equipment for a week, you will not want to command so many men.

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Sacha's idea of SMA is that every single character should be looking for how he can betray every other character—especially the ones he owes fealty to—for his own advantage, all the time.

So, in other words, it's just like Game of Thrones.

Not quite to get it right you need quite a few naive fools who truly believe in fealty, honor and nobility.

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
Ah yes... That serious medieval atmosphere in A Song of Ice and Fire, where wights and dragons exist, magic abounds in the long winter and dies in the summer, where men can invade the minds of animals and other men and morph into giant, sentient trees, and The Wall is built across an ancient leyline tapped by priestesses and gods to reanimate the dead.

Gustav Kuriga

Ah yes... That serious medieval atmosphere in A Song of Ice and Fire, where wights and dragons exist, magic abounds in the long winter and dies in the summer, where men can invade the minds of animals and other men and morph into giant, sentient trees, and The Wall is built across an ancient leyline tapped by priestesses and gods to reanimate the dead.

Ah yes, the serious medieval atmosphere of Dwilight, where scrolls of magic exist, daimons control parts of the western continent, monsters (who remain vaguely named) ravage regions and undead rise from their graves to attack the living.

See what I did there? Serious Medieval Atmosphere is about atmosphere, not exact content.

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
So Sergio just captured Kas.

Daimall

• Knight
    • View Profile
Yep, not too sure how Sergio's guards manage to capture him, considering his unit was pretty much decimated and scattered, but that is how it went I guess. Maybe it those two guards from the Total War series?

Leave it to Kas Mayham to do something crazy.

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I guess in game you always have at least two bodyguards to defend you.

In any case I can't wait to hear what happens next. Torture, a ban in preparation for execution. So many possibilities.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Yep, not too sure how Sergio's guards manage to capture him, considering his unit was pretty much decimated and scattered, but that is how it went I guess.
Maybe Kas is just an incompetent infiltrator?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I guess because of his high sword skills he thought he didn't need the infil skill to match. WRONGGG.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Kas will escape his chains in a fit of mayhem and dash headling through a wall and into the night... Not
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Frostwood

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Maybe Kas is just an incompetent infiltrator?
Until the war, he was a diplomat, until the war in which he changed classes.  I don't think we were aware that he had become an infiltrator until now.  I guess he thought all he needed was swordsmanship.

That crazy Kas Mayhem....
Characters:Lain Frostwood, Ghostfire Frostwood, Talia(commoner)

Sarwell

• Knight
    • View Profile
Until the war, he was a diplomat, until the war in which he changed classes.  I don't think we were aware that he had become an infiltrator until now.  I guess he thought all he needed was swordsmanship.

That crazy Kas Mayhem....
He probably became an infiltrator because the inherent renegade jerkiness suited his personality infinitely more than a role whose main duty is to be a smooth-talking nice guy.
Sarwell Family - Alna (Phantaria), Rosnan (Ohnar West), Julian (Strombran)
New female characters start with an extra 10% skill in cooking and in cleaning.