Author Topic: Great Dwilight War:Astrum defeats Asylon and Farronite forces.  (Read 267851 times)

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Bah!

Astrumites; such uncivilized barbarians.

If you're that desperate for a response, try begging  ;)

BarticaBoat

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Bah!

Astrumites; such uncivilized barbarians.
Trust me, if Karibash had his way we'd be doing something BM has never seen and makes Vikings and Asylonians seem noble and refined.

Too many soft young nobles trying to emulate your cowardly southern ways!

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Trust me, if Karibash had his way we'd be doing something BM has never seen and makes Vikings and Asylonians seem noble and refined.

Too many soft young nobles trying to emulate your cowardly southern ways!

Well the difference is that Asylon is actually doing them and you are still waiting for your way.  :P
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Zakilevo

Man. That Battle in Dunnbrook was pretty awesome. 16k CS vs 17k CS. 1380 men vs 1570 men. Was a close battle. Haven't had that in awhile.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
The number-fudging in the international report made it look a lot more awesome for Astrum than was reality. It appeared as 1,000 astrumese victorious against 1,800 farronites/asylonians.

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
For those who didn't know yet, D'Hara and Luria Nova have signed a temporary cease fire to attend to the tournament in Fissoa! How noble of them.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
Everybody should attend the tournament, since I can't. D:

Edit: Is that worth reporting to facebook news? It is kinda cool, roleplay-wise, and definitely adds flavor to the game.

Jaden

• Noble Lord
  • Jameel, Jabari, Jadyn, Jerold
    • View Profile
Man. That Battle in Dunnbrook was pretty awesome. 16k CS vs 17k CS. 1380 men vs 1570 men. Was a close battle. Haven't had that in awhile.

:'( The best battles always happen when I am not there
PM me for the Dota 2 guild.
"Darka would like to thank CE and co for their generous offerings, the Holy Volcano will be filled up for days with all these offerings!"-Jaret Jaron's last words

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Good to see the northern war is still alive and kicking.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
It was a good battle!
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
The outcome was a bit surprising. Based on the numbers and the CS, I figured that Asylon would win. They had more 200 soldiers and slightly higher CS. Some problems with Asylon line settings, though, as well as a poorly timed cavalry charge really made the difference. Astrum's better troops probably helped as well.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
The outcome was a bit surprising. Based on the numbers and the CS, I figured that Asylon would win. They had more 200 soldiers and slightly higher CS. Some problems with Asylon line settings, though, as well as a poorly timed cavalry charge really made the difference. Astrum's better troops probably helped as well.

If you all keep pulling out those narrow wins, you really may be able to hang in there until Morek arrives. I was skeptical when the war started, but LN's withdrawal and renewed military prowess by the theocracies has really made this war go a different way than I expected in the run-up to it.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Zakilevo

If you all keep pulling out those narrow wins, you really may be able to hang in there until Morek arrives. I was skeptical when the war started, but LN's withdrawal and renewed military prowess by the theocracies has really made this war go a different way than I expected in the run-up to it.

We couldn't bring our full force due to Niselur. We thought we did enough damage to them during winter to keep them off our backs but we clearly didn't. As for Dunnbrook, some of our stragglers couldn't preset because of a lone militia unit in Knyazes... We were supposed to attack with 20k CS but 4k didn't arrive in time.

Now I am seriously wounded due to infection and don't even know what is going on.

Before this campaign, we used to have Corsanctum covering our backs meaning we could just focus on one enemy at a time but due to some bugs Corsanctum lost a city and suffered a lot, forcing them to pull back.

I am skeptical we need Morek's help to win this war. It will take longer for sure but we don't desperately need their help. To be honest, I gave up on getting Morek's help the moment their ruler told me they could barely field a sizable army. After a month or two, they started to expand into LE. :p
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 02:10:17 AM by Lapallanch »

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
I am skeptical we need Morek's help to win this war.

I think Astrum will need Morek. For all that you're pummeling Niselur and its allies, you're still at a hefty net deficit of territory, with no signs of re-expansion. Asylon's combat capacity remains increased relative to the start of the war. You could feasibly destroy FR with a concerted looting campaign, but only at the expense of giving Niselur free reign in the north.

IMHO, without outside help, it'll be an ugly stalemate where we turn the entire border zone into muddy, bloody mush. But with commitments from Morek and Corsanctum, I think you'll be able to push through that and really force Niselur and FR out of the war.

Of course, you could get FR out of the war and lock in territorial gains without Morek's help, if your leaders wanted to. ;)
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner