Author Topic: Great Dwilight War:Astrum defeats Asylon and Farronite forces.  (Read 266718 times)

Bjarnson

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I'm guessing Asylon-FR pulled this card to further define the war as being SA vs anti-SA. Khari has just given Mech Calen to Jonsu. :)

You are wrong.
Asylon are not waging this war to be anti-SA, we are waging this war because our hatred for Astrum as an oppressive neighbour has brought us here, also as I stated in my official Casus Belli, to retake regions Astrum took from us in the previous war.
King Grimrog Bjarnson of Asylon.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
You are wrong.
Asylon are not waging this war to be anti-SA, we are waging this war because our hatred for Astrum as an oppressive neighbour has brought us here, also as I stated in my official Casus Belli, to retake regions Astrum took from us in the previous war.
Do you happen to have the Casus Belli saved by chance?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
The war against Astrum is not a religious war. If it was the temples of SA would have been burned ages ago. That will not happen. We do not wage religious wars, we wage wars of aggression and expansion and defensive wars.

We are a war realm.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

cenrae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Needed to give the region to someone...now to do the same to Mech Derris. ;)
Kye Family: Khari (Farronite Republic), Kalidor (Tara), Astridicus (Astrum)

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
The whole idea of a religious war is invented to get Astrum additional support....

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
They call holy war out of spilled milk , eventually no one cares.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
The whole idea of a religious war is invented to get Astrum additional support....
Yeah, 'cause there was NO WAY that King Leopold of Niselur declared the whole church leadership corrupt, broke with the church, declared that his realm was no longer a theocracy, and explicitly declared that the reason for his war was to replace the ENTIRE CHURCH LEADERSHIP.

There is absolutely NO WAY that Leopold did anything like that at all. That's just our Level 42 Retconjuration skillz.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
The war against Astrum is not a religious war. If it was the temples of SA would have been burned ages ago. That will not happen. We do not wage religious wars, we wage wars of aggression and expansion and defensive wars.

We are a war realm.

Or Asylon waits and bides its time until the Theocracies power is broken, and then burns the temples with impunity. To burn the temples first would unduly kindle SA retribution. Everyone knows Asylon wants the SA hegemony to be shattered, and burning the temples would only make that goal more difficult. Hence, "not a religious war" for now.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Asylon is a polygot of religions. We collect them and welcome them. Our desire is to see less interference. We dont want to destroy SA, yet it is SA that has constantly said it wants to destroy us and rule all of Dwilight under one faith and the prophet. Asylon doesnt usually have long standing alliances or federations. We are like France, we do our own way.

Anyways if we wanted to destroy our temples we would have ages ago. We might be barbarians but we still respect independent belief as long as it follows the laws of Asylon and our king and council.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 10:18:54 PM by Glaumring the Fox »

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
yet it is SA that has constantly said it wants to destroy us
This is incorrect. SA has never said that. It is not now, nor has it ever been, the policy, expressed or implied, to desire the destruction of Asylon. Some in Astrum have that opinion. As the war progresses, that opinion spreads.

Do some people in SA want to see Asylon destroyed? Sure. Just like some people in Asylon would love to see SA destroyed. (Don't deny it, we already know it's true.) But taking the opinion of one character in SA and extrapolating that to the official policy of SA would be just as wrong as taking Glaumring's personal opinion and declaring that the official policy of Asylon.

and rule all of Dwilight under one faith and the prophet.
Guilty. Sorta. :P

SA isn't the standard, generic religion that "just wants to be friends". It has from the very beginning expressed a desire to spread its faith across the entire island.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Agreed. People can believe whatever they want about us but in the end the game is played by those who wake up and move their troops around in it.

We dont even want to see Astrum destroyed but we know Astrum will probably not ever surrender or negotiate with us so we fight on.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
This is incorrect. SA has never said that. It is not now, nor has it ever been, the policy, expressed or implied, to desire the destruction of Asylon. Some in Astrum have that opinion. As the war progresses, that opinion spreads.

Do some people in SA want to see Asylon destroyed?

Crusade has been discussed against them in the past, and given SA's actions in the region prior to the war, past.relations with Kabrinskia (thats a tangent on its own), and Asylons's population of refugees from realms SA haz.destroyed in the past, you can't blame Asylon for believing SA wants them destroyed.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Bjarnson

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Do you happen to have the Casus Belli saved by chance?

I dont think so, I will look but I highly doubt it.
But in that CB in the rulers channel I clearly stated that Asylon went to war to:
Retake 2 regions Astrum had taken from us.
Defend against Astrum aggression.
Stand by our allies side in this war.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
I dont think so, I will look but I highly doubt it.
But in that CB in the rulers channel I clearly stated that Asylon went to war to:
Retake 2 regions Astrum had taken from us.
Defend against Astrum aggression.
Stand by our allies side in this war.
I believe you, I just think it would be a nice addition to the wiki.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Bjarnson

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Oh, ok, sure, I do not really meddle with the wiki though =/