Author Topic: Great Dwilight War:Astrum defeats Asylon and Farronite forces.  (Read 267850 times)

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
The war against Astrum is not a religious war. If it was the temples of SA would have been burned ages ago. That will not happen. We do not wage religious wars, we wage wars of aggression and expansion and defensive wars.

We are a war realm.

It's official SA policy that an attack on a theocracy is an attack on the Church. On top of that you're the ally of a realm which is the direct target of a crusade. Saladin didn't destroy churches or temples either.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 08:40:39 AM by pcw27 »

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
It's official SA policy that an attack on a theocracy is an attack on the Church. On top of that you're the ally of a realm which is the direct target of a crusade. Saladin didn't destroy churches or temples either.

Let's avoid game politics here. And saying "you" when you're talking about characters.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Game politics? What do you mean by that. We can't discuss the politics happening in game?

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Game politics? What do you mean by that. We can't discuss the politics happening in game?

These are IC informations. You shouldn't state any "official SA policy" on the forum. It belongs in the game. If your character wants to reason with Glaumring's character, it should also be done in the game.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
These are IC informations. You shouldn't state any "official SA policy" on the forum. It belongs in the game. If your character wants to reason with Glaumring's character, it should also be done in the game.

The SA charter says: "The church shall condemn and oppose any aggressive war by any pagan or heretical power at any time against any theocracy."  I would imagine that's public knowledge, or at least public enough for any character who wants to know.  Cut pat some slack here; I now have all sorts of information my character wouldn't have had access to (because he didn't exist yet!), like information about a CB sent in the rulers' channel.  And it's hard to refer to a person's character in the third person when that person (and many others) refer to their own characters in the first person.
MacGeil Family: Cathan (Corsanctum)
Formerly the O'Faolain, then Nisbet families

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Just giving a friendly reminder. It's an escalating issue, and led to these forums being closed last time around.

In other news: odds on if Asylon will let Hireshmont stay?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Bjarnson

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Just giving a friendly reminder. It's an escalating issue, and led to these forums being closed last time around.

In other news: odds on if Asylon will let Hireshmont stay?

I would say they where pretty good, but Asylon are no republic or democracy. But I assume I cant tell too much about it as it would be revealing to much IC information?
King Grimrog Bjarnson of Asylon.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile

Im trying to figure out how or why a crusade would be any different or scary than what is and has been going on since the time of the Kabrinskian war. What would change if there was a crusade? Would we have to fight two Moreks? Or fight two more Corsanctums? Or two more Astrums? You guys act as if we fear a crusade as if the Astroists are even considered a threat anymore, Niselur and Asylon have torn Astrum apart, its hemoraging gold and food and peasants it was the single shining armoured knight in the crusaders pile of cards and look at Astrum, it looks like Sylvester Stallone in the Rocky movies, sure Astrum wins battles but it is not winning this war, economically and everything else Astrum is falling apart at the seams. SO, why in the name of the gods would we fear a crusade? Who would come? What would they be able to do?

No one is Asylon cares about Astroism and the power of the crusades or prophet anymore, the spell has been broken.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Glaumring:

A crusade being declared would make it a religious war; even if it's not religious to Asylon, it is to her opponents.
MacGeil Family: Cathan (Corsanctum)
Formerly the O'Faolain, then Nisbet families

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Im trying to figure out how or why a crusade would be any different or scary than what is and has been going on since the time of the Kabrinskian war. What would change if there was a crusade? Would we have to fight two Moreks? Or fight two more Corsanctums? Or two more Astrums? You guys act as if we fear a crusade as if the Astroists are even considered a threat anymore, Niselur and Asylon have torn Astrum apart, its hemoraging gold and food and peasants it was the single shining armoured knight in the crusaders pile of cards and look at Astrum, it looks like Sylvester Stallone in the Rocky movies, sure Astrum wins battles but it is not winning this war, economically and everything else Astrum is falling apart at the seams. SO, why in the name of the gods would we fear a crusade? Who would come? What would they be able to do?

No one is Asylon cares about Astroism and the power of the crusades or prophet anymore, the spell has been broken.

I never said you need to feel threatened by a crusade I was just saying that's why we've declared it as such and based on the SA ethos it makes perfect sense we would do so.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile

If it became a truly intense crusade priests would start using their powers more completely.

I would say they where pretty good, but Asylon are no republic or democracy. But I assume I cant tell too much about it as it would be revealing to much IC information?

Yeah, Hireshmont's usual strategy of appealing to the people isn't working so well this time around. :P

Bjarnson

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Indeed, it would have worked if it was not King Grimrog that opposes you, but I am breaking a bit of a sweat, especially after you revealed the last bit of info, King Grimrog was not aware that Hireshmont II was one of the "chosen few", but I fear King Grimrog has had enough.

As a priest, is Hireshmont II safe from capture and deportation? or how does it work? I am certain I have heard someone use the Priest class to avoid capture even when banned.
King Grimrog Bjarnson of Asylon.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Indeed, it would have worked if it was not King Grimrog that opposes you, but I am breaking a bit of a sweat, especially after you revealed the last bit of info, King Grimrog was not aware that Hireshmont II was one of the "chosen few", but I fear King Grimrog has had enough.

As a priest, is Hireshmont II safe from capture and deportation? or how does it work? I am certain I have heard someone use the Priest class to avoid capture even when banned.

He's not a priest; the autopausing booted him from SA which kicked him out of the class.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
As a priest, is Hireshmont II safe from capture and deportation? or how does it work?

You can't deport priests (since their religion does not exist on other continent, and you can't 'de-priest' another character). They can however be executed, but only if they have been banned previously as usual.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
You can't deport priests (since their religion does not exist on other continent, and you can't 'de-priest' another character). They can however be executed, but only if they have been banned previously as usual.

Anyways, it'll probably all be irrelevant. The Asylonians won't catch Hireshmont.