Author Topic: Great Dwilight War:Astrum defeats Asylon and Farronite forces.  (Read 267868 times)

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I'm having illusions of grandeur.  I'm gonna turn this war around so I can loot everybodies wine cellars.  Then I can throw a huge tournament in honor of myself.

;-)

Ha! That sounds like you, alright.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
I'm having illusions of grandeur.  I'm gonna turn this war around so I can loot everybodies wine cellars.  Then I can throw a huge tournament in honor of myself.

;-)

As long as they don't turn into full delusions of grandeur you'll be fine!  ;)
We live lives in beautiful lies...

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile

;-)

Well there's always the slim chance Niselur will make peace with us and not Morek.

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Well there's always the slim chance Niselur will make peace with us and not Morek.

And would be the point of that exactly? Only reason we are at war with morek now is that they are trying to safe your ass.

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
False, when Leopold withdrew from the federation he declared war on all member nations by default. Libero Empire, Niselur's vassal state then attacked Morek, so Morek has reasons to continue the war beyond helping Astrum. On top of that there's still a crusade going on.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 12:55:20 AM by pcw27 »

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
False, when Leopold withdrew from the federation he declared war on all member nations by default. Libero Empire, Niselur's vassal state then attacked Morek, so Morek has reasons to continue the war beyond helping Astrum. On top of that there's still a crusade going on.
It's defensive though. I don't know where you get the delusions that it's an offensive crusade.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

BarticaBoat

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Astrum didn't lose this war, Morek and SA lost the war. Astrum was just a casualty. Not that it was impossible for us to win, but the death of Astrum will affect SA far more than they think.

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
It's defensive though. I don't know where you get the delusions that it's an offensive crusade.

I honestly don't remember what the official declaration said this time around, but I'm pretty sure it really was against Niselur. It wouldn't make sense for the Crusade to have been made in defense of Astrum when all three members of the Astroist Federation had war declared on them and two were under attack.

The previous crusade was "in defense of Terran" and I'm reasonably sure that's what's confusing people.

Regardless, since there's no record in the SA archives of the exact terms of the crusade Turin will certainly be remembering it as a crusade against the secular government in Terran.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Well fought Astrum. I am really trying to get killed in these battles, second time wounded in a week. Glaumring is 69 years old and still as cocky as ever, yet getting old and frail. Excellent fight, you killed our general :( . Astrum is unbeatable in the field, we knew that going in and its been a challenge. More to come hopefully!
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I honestly don't remember what the official declaration said this time around, but I'm pretty sure it really was against Niselur. It wouldn't make sense for the Crusade to have been made in defense of Astrum when all three members of the Astroist Federation had war declared on them and two were under attack.

The previous crusade was "in defense of Terran" and I'm reasonably sure that's what's confusing people.

Regardless, since there's no record in the SA archives of the exact terms of the crusade Turin will certainly be remembering it as a crusade against the secular government in Terran.

Me too, but I'm not quite confident in my memory of these things.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

sharkattack

• Knight
    • View Profile
Well fought Astrum. I am really trying to get killed in these battles, second time wounded in a week. Glaumring is 69 years old and still as cocky as ever, yet getting old and frail. Excellent fight, you killed our general :( . Astrum is unbeatable in the field, we knew that going in and its been a challenge. More to come hopefully!

Asylon had very low morale and high equipment damage that gave Astrum and Morek edge in that attack, otherwise Asylon would have won i think.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile

Asylon had very low morale and high equipment damage that gave Astrum and Morek edge in that attack, otherwise Asylon would have won i think.

They did have greater numbers.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile

Regardless, since there's no record in the SA archives of the exact terms of the crusade Turin will certainly be remembering it as a crusade against the secular government in Niselur.

Zakilevo

Astrum was doing perfectly fine under my command  8) Hell we were doing way too good for our own good  8)

BarticaBoat

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile

I would attribute more to some rather inspired line settings from the Morekian General... I was impressed to be honest.
Astrum was doing perfectly fine under my command  8) Hell we were doing way too good for our own good  8)
We were amazing, weren't we? Back when I could be scowling and old, without being told I'm too mean...