Author Topic: Terran mess - Aurea disappearance  (Read 13703 times)

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
Re: Terran mess - Aurea disappearance
« Reply #15: July 15, 2013, 05:26:48 AM »
Unfortunate, because prior to my absence Asylon was on route to being our allies, Terran stabilizing, my marriage to Rynn to unite D'hara and Terran in the long-term, Mendicant and some Aurvandilites somewhat respected me and everyone enjoyed Alura far more than Hireshmont, which everyone and their mother were quite vocal in expressing.

I feel like my absence is what ruined Terran. It was my responsibility to keep the nation intact and things were going so well... If Perth would have me, I would return to Terran and do all in my power to reunite our lands, re-establish friendships, and bring peace to this absolute cluster!@#$. If that doesn't work, Alura can always go to D'hara or Asylon and continue the legacy.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #16: July 15, 2013, 05:55:34 AM »

Got cold feet about marrying Rynn and disappeared into the forest

^ Funny.

Sooooo, anyway, THIS is awkward. Hi, err, welcome back! Alura was gone for about 2 IG years and Rynn mourned her for dead. I am sorry you were unwell, but could not have anticipated your cpu breaking. When Rynn met Khari, with whom he had a political history, they hit it off. After a year of Marriage, Khari gave birth to twins: Kharynn and Kyrynn. Plenty of more details there and questions are welcome, but that's about the size of it.

As for Saffalore, Rynn convinced the House to declare war on it for a bunch of reasons he saw as valid. 1) With the exception of Judge/Ambassador Metis, Saffalore was a diplomatic roach motel. Messages went in and did not come out. plus Saffalore played host to some pretty infamous characters. 2) A monarchy in the middle of Mootland was doomed from the moment of its inception. 3) Saffalore came into being because of Aurvandil, more or less. 4) Rynn felt that Chesney's resources would be essential to stabilizing and defending D'Hara. Now, with access to some of the best RC's in the continent, D'Hara's armies will finally start growing some real teeth. 5) It's name was too damn confusing. You're not Saffalore, Chesney. Go home. You're drunk. 6) Chernier said I could. 7) D'Hara needed a war it could own, fight, and win on it's own terms. That was my decision as playing a ruling character and making the game interesting for my fellow realm mates. Victory helps. 8) Cooperation between Barca, D'Hara, and the Farronite Republic improved relations all around. 9) We ended up getting Metis into D'Hara. Woot! 10) Khari declared war on Saffalore first, blame Rynn's beautiful and passionate wife.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: July 15, 2013, 07:01:13 AM »
Unfortunate, because prior to my absence Asylon was on route to being our allies, Terran stabilizing, my marriage to Rynn to unite D'hara and Terran in the long-term, Mendicant and some Aurvandilites somewhat respected me and everyone enjoyed Alura far more than Hireshmont, which everyone and their mother were quite vocal in expressing.

I feel like my absence is what ruined Terran. It was my responsibility to keep the nation intact and things were going so well... If Perth would have me, I would return to Terran and do all in my power to reunite our lands, re-establish friendships, and bring peace to this absolute cluster!@#$. If that doesn't work, Alura can always go to D'hara or Asylon and continue the legacy.

I feel the same way, only instead of Terran, I mean the Northern Astroist federation and SA in general.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: July 15, 2013, 07:20:21 AM »
^ Funny.

Sooooo, anyway, THIS is awkward. Hi, err, welcome back! Alura was gone for about 2 IG years and Rynn mourned her for dead. I am sorry you were unwell, but could not have anticipated your cpu breaking. When Rynn met Khari, with whom he had a political history, they hit it off. After a year of Marriage, Khari gave birth to twins: Kharynn and Kyrynn. Plenty of more details there and questions are welcome, but that's about the size of it.

As for Saffalore, Rynn convinced the House to declare war on it for a bunch of reasons he saw as valid. 1) With the exception of Judge/Ambassador Metis, Saffalore was a diplomatic roach motel. Messages went in and did not come out. plus Saffalore played host to some pretty infamous characters. 2) A monarchy in the middle of Mootland was doomed from the moment of its inception. 3) Saffalore came into being because of Aurvandil, more or less. 4) Rynn felt that Chesney's resources would be essential to stabilizing and defending D'Hara. Now, with access to some of the best RC's in the continent, D'Hara's armies will finally start growing some real teeth. 5) It's name was too damn confusing. You're not Saffalore, Chesney. Go home. You're drunk. 6) Chernier said I could. 7) D'Hara needed a war it could own, fight, and win on it's own terms. That was my decision as playing a ruling character and making the game interesting for my fellow realm mates. Victory helps. 8) Cooperation between Barca, D'Hara, and the Farronite Republic improved relations all around. 9) We ended up getting Metis into D'Hara. Woot! 10) Khari declared war on Saffalore first, blame Rynn's beautiful and passionate wife.

Awesome to be back, bro! So, how about Alura arises from her deathly coma and starts some hell? ;) Alura and Rynn may not be engaged/married but I'm sure their friendship remains. I look forward to the challenge of rebuilding Terran. You know how I am: I love a challenge, the harder the better!
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #19: July 15, 2013, 07:42:29 AM »
I feel the same way, only instead of Terran, I mean the Northern Astroist federation and SA in general.

If it makes you feel better, this was coming whether you were there to stop it or not.

cenrae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: July 15, 2013, 09:58:56 AM »
Rynn is mine! You best stay away!

Welcome back and glad to hear you are doing better.
Kye Family: Khari (Farronite Republic), Kalidor (Tara), Astridicus (Astrum)

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: July 15, 2013, 10:05:01 AM »
Aww yeah, catfight! Haha, no need for that. :) Rynn was my greatest friend and ally in-game, outside of Lord Perth himself, and that's all I require. Awesome that y'all have kids, that's always an awesome IC opportunity, and whenever you retire your character(s) they're always a great choice in continuing your legacy from a different angle. :)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: July 15, 2013, 01:13:16 PM »
Is that what happened? I thought D'Hara and Barca just attacked Saffalore with a low blow while it was vulnerable for purely territorial reasons. That's more realistic, anyway.

I'm also anxious to see if any of the Saffalorians come north to Phantaria, since we did say we'd take them in. Good for total military power, bad for what is already a very noble-dense realm. By Dwilight standards, of course - 11 or 12 in 5 regions is light for some areas, but on an island where probably the majority of realms have more regions than nobles to rule them, that's like Tokyo to Wyoming.

In addition to what Rynn said, Saffalore never responded to diplomatic missives (at least by Machiavel, privately, or in the 'moot in general), they consisted of a monarchy in lands the Treaty of the Maroccidens explicitely states as joint republican responsibility (along with Paisly and Rettleville), and had suspicious ties to Aurvandil and thus represented a serious threat right in core 'moot lands. Originally, it was intended to just break the monarchy, and invite the nobles to turn back into Terran or otherwise adopt a republican government. However, when D'Haran and Barcan forces began attacking (with FR's assistance, at first), they were slung a whole bunch of insults by really unpleasant people along with ramblings against the 'moot (and one guy even RPed throwing dung at Machiavel, in addition to talking like a savage), which just sealed the deal for a total annihilation without any possible compromise.

Both D'Hara and Barca made it very clear that the main objective was to make sure that a republican government ruled Chesney, and didn't really care how that was made to happen. Had Phantaria remained a pure republic, our reflex would likely have been to give it away to it, but because it reformed, I'd say both realms felt safer with a partial balkanization of the former republic of Terran, at least long enough to get to know the new realm a bit better. With Luria Nova rattling for war, the last thing D'Hara wanted is a realm bordering Paisly to flank us, and thus we had to deal with those uncertainties with as much haste as we could. Now that Saffalore is done for, we can make this Luria Nova's most expensive war ever with much greater confidence.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: July 15, 2013, 02:18:05 PM »
Now that Saffalore is done for, we can make this Luria Nova's most expensive war ever with much greater confidence.

Thank god. Having all this gold really makes me uncomfortable anyways.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Sarwell

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: July 15, 2013, 03:35:04 PM »
Should we try to reenact that movie, Good Bye Lenin!, for you? Go to great lengths to keep you from realizing anything is different?
Sarwell Family - Alna (Phantaria), Rosnan (Ohnar West), Julian (Strombran)
New female characters start with an extra 10% skill in cooking and in cleaning.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: July 15, 2013, 04:22:08 PM »
That would be hilarious but no, I need to get down to business. Alura is in Phantaria and Alekhthaeos in Arcaea, it sucks I can't have my other characters since this is a new account but oh well. I'll get there once again.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: July 16, 2013, 07:16:08 AM »
Welcome back!

Alura is in Phantaria.... Kale will definitely remember her if she is supposed to be the same Alura, yes.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: July 16, 2013, 07:54:24 AM »
Yep, entirely the same Alura.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: July 16, 2013, 05:13:58 PM »

This is very true.

Hireshmont was really hoping, once Alura came along, to be able to back out of politics in Terran and focus on the church. Alura's disappearance ruined that plan, and he didn't have a good successor lined up, so we went through a series of progressively worse rulers. Hireshmont didn't have the political capital to be ruler anymore.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: July 16, 2013, 05:53:20 PM »
Lovely, I single-handedly shat on Terran. The irony.