Author Topic: Banker access to granaries  (Read 3405 times)

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Banker access to granaries
« Topic Start: July 17, 2013, 03:13:24 PM »
When a banker has been given access and sells food from a region's granary, where does the money go? It doesn't seem like it goes to the region.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Banker access to granaries
« Reply #1: July 17, 2013, 03:17:34 PM »
Whoever completes a manual sale gets the money. If that's the Banker, the Banker gets the money.

If the Banker sets up automatic sell offers, then the region will get the money from those.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Hyral

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 18, 2013, 01:50:31 AM »
When the Banker sets up a sell offer through one region, and then buys that food through another...where does the money come from? It doesn't come from the Banker, have I been taking gold/bonds from the actual lord? Or his region?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 18, 2013, 01:59:37 AM »
If I'm understanding you correctly, I believe that the money comes from the Banker...and goes to the Banker. So only the food gets moved in cases like that.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 18, 2013, 02:09:37 AM »
If I'm understanding you correctly, I believe that the money comes from the Banker...and goes to the Banker. So only the food gets moved in cases like that.
Which is what happens as I have done so more than once myself.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Hyral

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 18, 2013, 02:13:43 AM »

Ah-ha, that makes sense.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: July 18, 2013, 08:54:58 AM »
Which is what happens as I have done so more than once myself.

How do you do that? I can only cancel the offers I made myself, never accept them. The checkbox does not appear.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: July 18, 2013, 08:56:33 AM »
Is there a way for the banker to change or delete automatic sale offers in regions where he has access?

Jaden

• Noble Lord
  • Jameel, Jabari, Jadyn, Jerold
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: July 18, 2013, 09:46:44 AM »
can automatic offers already on the market even be cancelled? I don't recall my lord character was able to do so..
PM me for the Dota 2 guild.
"Darka would like to thank CE and co for their generous offerings, the Holy Volcano will be filled up for days with all these offerings!"-Jaret Jaron's last words

Gris

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: July 18, 2013, 10:10:18 AM »
How do you do that? I can only cancel the offers I made myself, never accept them. The checkbox does not appear.

No checkboxes, they are for brokering. You need to enter the market you wish to buy for, through Command/Regional food status, then just find the offer you want and press "trade". But you need to enter through specific matket.
At the double quick they charge, the canister rips through them, to the mouth of hell they march, glory, the only gain...

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: July 18, 2013, 10:50:33 AM »
No checkboxes, they are for brokering. You need to enter the market you wish to buy for, through Command/Regional food status, then just find the offer you want and press "trade". But you need to enter through specific matket.

That works! Thanks.

It's weird that, as a region Lord and Banker, I can't access a trade directly, but if I (the Region Lord) grant access to my own granary to myself (the Banker), then I can access it.
After all it's a roleplaying game.