Author Topic: Closing Islands ?  (Read 127988 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Closing Islands ?
« Reply #15: July 18, 2013, 06:02:46 PM »
Or, perhaps the craziest idea of them all: Re-open the South-East Island aka the War Island. Doing so would provide a boost just from returning old players. Off the top of my head I can think of at least 3 or 4 people who would return to BM if word got out that they could play on SEI again, and they would probably start additional characters on other islands as well. I know Tom has said that the war islands didn't fit his idea of BattleMaster, but I can only say that almost anyone I know in the game on a personal level thinks closing them was a bad idea. Myself included.

To be honest, I have been slowly coming to believe this as well.

I don't agree with all of the reasons people have given for it being a bad idea, but I do now think that they were a net benefit to the game.

If we were to do this, I think it might be worthwhile making it 1-char-per-player, but make that character freeā€”it doesn't count against any character limits. That would mitigate, to some extent, the potential drain of characters from other continents.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan