Author Topic: Closing Islands ?  (Read 128051 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Closing Islands ?
« Reply #195: July 23, 2013, 09:54:57 PM »
With that sort of volume there are some possible negative consequences. One is that we may end up with smaller realms that have large wastelands between them. This will have a big effect on warfare. What's the point of realm A fighting realm B if all the regions between them are wastelands? You can't really accomplish anything, and the starvation would be a disincentive to travel through it.

The optimal distribution would be more random; a region here, a region there, but nothing that interrupts the contiguity of the map. Unfortunately that's very unlikely to happen if the players have some control over which regions end up on the chopping block.

I could see making travel through the wastelands faster, to prevent it from impeding war too much. Also, some care with targeting can mitigate that, too.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan