Author Topic: Closing Islands ?  (Read 127780 times)

Frostwood

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Closing Islands ?
« Reply #45: July 18, 2013, 10:40:50 PM »
snip
As one of the newer players, I found being a knight limiting without RPing, in times of peace.  I had to scrounge for monsters for months to get the 3 prestige to become a lord, while my other character who started in Fane, gained that in one day. 

I am more patient, but some people don't want to wait months for payoff.  It would be interesting to at least construct flavour buildings or have more to do with the estate.  It might be interesting to merge the adventurer game into a noble class, as a commoner is even more limited in what he/she can do than a knight.

Despite being touted as inactivity friendly, I find the game unfriendly towards people who can't log in as much-miss a turn and you miss the big battle that has been building up for months, miss another turn, and you fall behind the more active nobles hunting for monsters.  For instance this message, from a person that is very good RP'er.

Hi all,

Im quite annoyed.. Because I could not log in at work I have now missed out on Kaigen, and probably on Miniath too. Ive also missed out on Ianith thanks to other ... complications.

I dont really see any point in continuing to play to be honest,
As such I might just big my farewells.

Thanks
He decided to stay, but its one of the frustrations us newer players face... since prestige and honour are needed to open up aspects of the game.
Characters:Lain Frostwood, Ghostfire Frostwood, Talia(commoner)