Author Topic: Character count  (Read 10349 times)

Qyasogk

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Character count
« Topic Start: July 27, 2013, 01:14:17 AM »
Seriously? Am I the only person who would like to play on more than 2 islands?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Character count
« Reply #1: July 27, 2013, 01:15:37 AM »
Mrh? Not sure what you mean. I have active characters on five different islands.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 27, 2013, 03:17:34 AM »
Seriously? Am I the only person who would like to play on more than 2 islands?
If you are new you have to earn 5 fame, which happened for me rather quickly so I don't know why you can't play on at least 3 islands.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #3: July 27, 2013, 03:59:44 AM »
If you are new you have to earn 5 fame, which happened for me rather quickly so I don't know why you can't play on at least 3 islands.

Mrh? Not sure what you mean. I have active characters on five different islands.

Oh god, not this again. This is something that the older players will never understand, and frankly I'm sick of it. The fame system is horribly biased. Not only will older players already have an advantage in getting the higher positions such as Ruler and Duke, where much of the fame is focused, but they will have more characters as well, which allows them more opportunities to do so than normal players.

egamma

« Reply #4: July 27, 2013, 06:32:46 AM »
Fame points newbies can easily get:
1. 10 prestige for 1 character
2. 20 prestige for family (10 per character)
3. Purchase a unique item (or is it make one? not completely sure)
4. Lordship (seriously, they aren't hard to get)
5. 20 prestige for 1 character

Bam, there's your 5 fame.

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 27, 2013, 01:59:39 PM »
Pretty sure it should be made so that it is fast to achieve without focusing on it explicitly. I can easily see people playing quietly for 3+ months without getting 5 fame.

Terises Jr.

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: July 27, 2013, 02:36:38 PM »
Fame points newbies can easily get:
1. 10 prestige for 1 character
2. 20 prestige for family (10 per character)
3. Purchase a unique item (or is it make one? not completely sure)
4. Lordship (seriously, they aren't hard to get)
5. 20 prestige for 1 character

Bam, there's your 5 fame.

after get lordship, create new guild and you will get 2 fame..
But i also see many new player need more than 4 month to get 5 fame..

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: July 27, 2013, 03:08:04 PM »
after get lordship, create new guild and you will get 2 fame..

Creating a guild just to get the fame is some of the lamest fame whoring there is.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: July 27, 2013, 03:11:50 PM »
Creating a guild just to get the fame is some of the lamest fame whoring there is.

If it was just a score I'd agree with you, but considering your character count depends on it I can't blame anyone for doing it.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: July 27, 2013, 05:04:52 PM »
Get off your high horse, Gustav. The original post made no sense, as it was posted OT in the middle of a different discussion. Which is why I was posting trying to find out what he meant. A simple explanation without the self-righteous anger would have been much better.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #10: July 27, 2013, 05:35:39 PM »
Get off your high horse, Gustav. The original post made no sense, as it was posted OT in the middle of a different discussion. Which is why I was posting trying to find out what he meant. A simple explanation without the self-righteous anger would have been much better.

If you still don't get why I'm angry, you've obviously not tried to introduce multiple people to the game only to have them quit because they couldn't find anything interesting with only two nobles, only to have someone who's been in the game for ages go "what do you mean? I have tons of fame and have active characters on five continents."

I've been in the game for near three years on this account and couldn't do that even with donating.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: July 27, 2013, 06:11:10 PM »
I completely understand what you're saying. I have advocated removing the medal-based restrictions, and going back to the 3-character starting limit. But if you're helping them, why can't you send them to a good, active realm?

And I'm still not sure how I am supposed to hav interpreted a completely tangential OT post of "am I the only one that wants to play on more than two islands" to mean "I don't like the two-character limit for new accounts". Instead of going non-linear, all you had to do was say "he's talking about the new-account restriction of two noble characters". Then we could agree, and move on.

Zakilevo

« Reply #12: July 28, 2013, 12:44:02 AM »
I completely understand what you're saying. I have advocated removing the medal-based restrictions, and going back to the 3-character starting limit. But if you're helping them, why can't you send them to a good, active realm?

And I'm still not sure how I am supposed to hav interpreted a completely tangential OT post of "am I the only one that wants to play on more than two islands" to mean "I don't like the two-character limit for new accounts". Instead of going non-linear, all you had to do was say "he's talking about the new-account restriction of two noble characters". Then we could agree, and move on.

+1 Yep. Send them to active and interesting realms instead of your inactive and boring realm :p

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: July 28, 2013, 01:30:22 AM »
Back in my day it took a year to get a lordship, and longer to rule, and we only had three islands, and we liked it! Get off my lawn!
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #14: July 28, 2013, 03:56:16 AM »
+1 Yep. Send them to active and interesting realms instead of your inactive and boring realm :p

You realize that to anyone who is just joining, active and interesting only applies to a very small minority of realms.