Author Topic: stopping ForumMaster from destroying BattleMaster  (Read 135850 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Uh, this topic started with such a quote?

That quote appears to be from one of those players who have gotten the impression that people have been actually running realms through the forum, or that you need to post on the forum frequently to be allowed to participate in certain in-game groups.

That is a problem that is, so far as I have ever been able to tell, entirely illusory. Yes, if people are getting that impression, then it's problematic, but since nothing of that kind is happening now, or has happened in the past, I really don't see what we're supposed to do to change it by changing the forum.

It seems to me that that's exactly the kind of problem that needs to be changed by presenting the reality more clearly to the people who are experiencing it. But if they just silently go away without letting anyone know they feel that way, then there's really not much we can do. Just like we can't do anything about the people who leave because Tom is actively changing the game specifically to prevent them or their group from getting ahead. It's not a real problem, and if they don't tell anyone they're feeling that way, we have no way of knowing that they, specifically, need to be reassured that it's not happening.

But restructuring the boards and re-opening them with new guidelines in place AND posting about that on the announcements will do a lot to restore confidence among those silent forum-rejecters.

Tom, this is the most positive thing I think I've seen you say in this thread, and the first clear indication I've gotten from you that you really do plan to reopen the Locals in some form. Thank you.

And for what it's worth, I completely agree.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan