Author Topic: Favourite class  (Read 8424 times)

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Favourite class
« Topic Start: August 04, 2013, 06:29:37 PM »
What is your favourite class and why? What is your least favourite class? What do you like and dislike about the different classes?

Jaden

• Noble Lord
  • Jameel, Jabari, Jadyn, Jerold
    • View Profile
Re: Favourite class
« Reply #1: August 05, 2013, 07:33:18 AM »
Heroes, because you go down fighting and dieing as a boss, i got 4  8)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 10:05:31 AM by Jaron »
PM me for the Dota 2 guild.
"Darka would like to thank CE and co for their generous offerings, the Holy Volcano will be filled up for days with all these offerings!"-Jaret Jaron's last words

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: August 05, 2013, 08:23:01 AM »
Priest class! It's all about soft power.

I don't think I have a least favorite class.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Zakilevo

« Reply #3: August 05, 2013, 08:37:31 AM »
Cavalier! Because the class gives you a lot of honour :D

Elegant

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: August 05, 2013, 09:41:28 AM »
Cavalier. More troops to command. Take 100+ cavalry and fight like a boss  8)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: August 05, 2013, 10:17:58 AM »
Infiltrator, definitely. The only class that really matters.

I try to always have at least one infiltrator among my chars. It's just too damn fun stabbing people. :)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: August 05, 2013, 01:28:36 PM »
Infiltrator, definitely. The only class that really matters.

I try to always have at least one infiltrator among my chars. It's just too damn fun stabbing people. :)

Damn, still on my list.

Can infils duel other nobles? Can priests be infils at the same time?

On topic: not sure. Each class has their drawbacks and advantages, I suppose, and I've enjoyed playing Cavaliers, Heroes and regular Warriors. Just got into the Priest game, seems to have potential, but I have zero experience as Courtier or Infiltrator (playing since '09).

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: August 05, 2013, 01:49:20 PM »
Can infils duel other nobles? Can priests be infils at the same time?

No, and no.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: August 05, 2013, 02:41:45 PM »
Warrior with no subclass. At high Honour you can recruit plenty of Infantry but can still loot and do civil/police work.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: August 05, 2013, 03:07:48 PM »
I actually have three classes I favour and all give you entirely different "storylines" or ways to play the game;

• The Cavalier: high honour and prestige. Being the white knight and trying to maintain the highest standard of honour is surely entertaining and does entertain me a lot, even though it's a cliché. Additionally you get to recruit massive units, certainly now that there's plenty of gold to go around in Battlemaster. The downparts are that you cannot do everything a regular can, but the prestige and honour gain is really good and well thought out.
  • The Priest: if you find yourself the right religion and, preferably, you manage to attach that religion to the realm, being a priest can be so much fun. I often believe that priesthood is very underrated. It isn't hard to obtain the preaching skill as long as you don't mind brainless preaching for a month or two. After that, if you wish, you can unleash hell for the heathens in well picked regions. Toss in some proper preaching-planning and you convert regions day after day. A powerful priest can do more than an army that costs 10 000 gold.
  • The Infiltrator: ever felt like some ruler has been ruling a realm you don't really like for way too long? Become an infiltrator and wait for the right moment to strike. The power to topple people from their position is in your hands. You only need a willing mecenas that will provide you with several thousand coins to fund your several-month training, but after that you are a deadly weapon that can decapitate an army or throw it into disarray. The only requirement is you don't get caught too often. It's a shame to have 3000 gold invested in you and be executed two weeks after you finish your training.

I would like hero more if my heroes would actually die in battle. I've tried everything, but even charging solo into the enemy lines did not get me killed. Perhaps my experience with various other classes is a little limited. I'm sure a trader or bureaucrat can be very rewarding too, but it doesn't really get me into the action I want from battlemaster: war.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: August 05, 2013, 09:05:38 PM »
I will try my first Infiltrator.

If you are looking for something different, a Diplomat/Priest is a good try. Religious game and also, you can be named Ambassador if you are looking for foreign interactions.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

trying

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: August 05, 2013, 10:09:54 PM »
I'm not quite sure which class I would consider my favorite but I know I hate being trader.

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: August 05, 2013, 10:42:44 PM »
I'm not quite sure which class I would consider my favorite but I know I hate being trader.

Trying: Why do you hate being a trader?

trying

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: August 06, 2013, 04:38:52 AM »
Well the biggest annoyance is how your unit gets set to mercenary which drains your money and stops you from training up your Trading skill. Second, people don't really sell food or if they do it's at a high price so you can't trade anything for a profit.

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: August 10, 2013, 04:04:45 AM »
vanilla warrior so you can loot