Author Topic: Limited Wars  (Read 49127 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Limited Wars
« Reply #150: August 22, 2013, 02:23:38 AM »
I thought that's what you wanted when the general's access to information of their own armies was first restricted.

You'll note that that wasn't my call.

Honestly, I think it's a pretty neat idea (as far as the CS is concerned, not so much the unit type-mangling). It's pretty much the same as the "change appearance" option that was introduced a while back except that it's for everyone and not any hassle or waste of time at all. It could be made viable by removing the above mentioned restriction, heck why not remove it for everyone? It's always nice to be able to compare your unit with that of your army members.
And people would still need to scout and could still differentiate between a big-ass army and a small raiding party. Only sometimes they couldn't. And hilarity would ensue.

That's not the kind of hilarity we want. That's the kind of "hilarity" that makes people hate the game.

This whole line of thought reminds me of the "delayed messages" idea. Sure, it makes some sense from an IC perspective, and if it were accepted by the playerbase, it would add an interesting dimension that would require rethinking a lot of strategy.

But it would make people leave the game in droves, because it's not fun. Indeed, it's the opposite of fun.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan