Author Topic: Limited Wars  (Read 49717 times)

Poliorketes

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Limited Wars
« Reply #165: August 22, 2013, 05:16:56 PM »
Removing CS values won't do anything to reduce blob armies. Instead of comparing CS, they'll compare raw numbers, but they'll treat the numbers just the same. In fact I'd wager it would only increase trench warfare since both sides will just recruit as many men as possible to improve their odds, but at the same time they will be hesitant to attack since they don't know exactly how strong their enemy is, and you'll just end up with huge armies staring at each other and not moving. 

Not, it will not make anything to reduce blob. For this, it would be good to make some General/Marshal rule as I proposed before... and give more strength to the nobles, specially to the heroes! This is a role play game! Give more power to the nobles! ;D

And it's a bit risky to suppose it will be the way you said. I could be equally this way:
-Some General recruit a big army of cheap almost useless infantry, and the other realm don't attack him afraid of the the size. The General wins the war easily...
-Or a big army attack a smaller army thinking is an easy prey, and is destroyed because they were all elite...
-Or a big army see a smaller army enter in their region, and decide to withdraw, thinking the other army must be all elite. Maybe, or maybe not...

Right now, there a almost no risk in wars because we know too much about the enemy army and there is so little variables.

And I agree... Delay Scouts is make the game slower... is a bad idea. But this is not the same!