Author Topic: Back to BM  (Read 7309 times)

Stue (DC)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Back to BM
« Topic Start: August 10, 2013, 12:05:05 PM »

Granted, I also use the forum and irc. I use the forum mainly for finding out what is occuring on continents I am not playing on, or discussing island wide events, which I am already aware of for continents I am on. In irc, I do discuss things with other players, but primarily it is just chatting. We chat about stuff happening in real life, movies to see, etc... and don't really do any actual real planning in irc channels.

that is how i tried to use forums in last few years, when i was not posting at all.

yes, you can find sometimes some interesting information about other continents, but  you can find even more what could be considered almost in-game play, but posted in plain words that have no any flavor, while sucking blood from in-game grievances.

if you remember times of wiki newspapers, can you compare it? in my view, one good wiki newspaper is more worthy and informative than the whole continental forum, and being prepared with in-character style, it was really pleasure to read many of them. in-character style of wiki newspapers was bringing additional value to the game - it was bringing more thrill and flavor to in-game political activities, something like outside roleplay that was focused on the most important realm events.