Author Topic: Will fame drop when my prestige goes down?  (Read 3251 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Will fame drop when my prestige goes down?
« Topic Start: August 25, 2013, 11:25:08 PM »

I think I have fewer fame points than I'm supposed to based on my reading of the wiki page. According to my offices, events and attributes, I should have 10 fame points, but I only have 7. http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Buffalkill_Family#Fame

OK, first obvious problem I see there: You're double-counting two fame points.

Each fame point can only ever be gained once. If you could gain the individual Prestige fame for every character, then fame farming would be as easy as creating a character, getting him up to 10 prestige, then deleting him.

Every fame point is unique. You can never, ever gain the same fame point more than once.

Second, very slightly less obvious problem: Outcast isn't a point you get for being banned. It's a point you get for being banned a lot. (And it's clear from your family history that Johan only has 1 ban.)
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan