Author Topic: Saving sent messages after death  (Read 2383 times)

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Saving sent messages after death
« Topic Start: August 29, 2013, 02:58:13 PM »
Character died  >:( . Still able to view received messages from the last 30 days. Is there a way to retrieve sent messages? I might like to save some of them for my wiki page.

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Saving sent messages after death
« Reply #1: August 29, 2013, 10:26:42 PM »
That was completely unexpected!

It is odd that you can see received messages, but not sent.  Possible bug?

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: August 30, 2013, 08:29:48 PM »
Maybe. I can sign in and see the incoming news feed, but if I click anything else it just tells me that I'm dead and should bury myself.

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: August 30, 2013, 08:39:36 PM »
And yes, it was completely unexpected! Cut down in the prime of his life. It was only my first battle as a hero and my first real battle as royal marshal! At least he died doing what he loved...catching arrows.

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: August 30, 2013, 08:51:52 PM »
It's not a bug, though there's no real reason to block seeing sent messages.  It won't help with the current character, but you could add a feature request.

Are you still able to see the new messages that are being sent to the entire region? (that would probably be a bug)

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: August 30, 2013, 08:58:24 PM »
Would it be considered bad form to ask someone in the realm to download my msgs and send them to me OOC?

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: August 30, 2013, 09:29:43 PM »
Would it be considered bad form to ask someone in the realm to download my msgs and send them to me OOC?
Thats fine.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

egamma

« Reply #7: August 31, 2013, 05:44:47 AM »
Are you still able to see the new messages that are being sent to the entire region? (that would probably be a bug)

When my hero died (4th invasion, so it's been a while) I could still receive pretty much everything.

Jaden

• Noble Lord
  • Jameel, Jabari, Jadyn, Jerold
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: August 31, 2013, 06:13:39 AM »
When my hero died (yesterday) i only received messages one or two hour before, though i buried him like an hour later so didnt really waited around to see if i got any messages
PM me for the Dota 2 guild.
"Darka would like to thank CE and co for their generous offerings, the Holy Volcano will be filled up for days with all these offerings!"-Jaret Jaron's last words