Poll

How do you feel about playing in Madina?

As soon as I get the oportunity i will start a character there.
0 (0%)
I started playing right now!
1 (5%)
Never ever, over my dead body!
14 (70%)
No, but if.... I would(please explain, comment below)
1 (5%)
I'm not sure
4 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: May 17, 2011, 12:37:31 PM

Author Topic: Madina needs YOU!  (Read 79852 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: Madina needs YOU!
« Reply #105: May 26, 2011, 08:34:24 PM »
Sure. But Sanguis Astroism does have a set of "divine things/beings" to which the adherents pray, and from which they seek guidance.

I'm not sure I agree entirely. At a minimum, this is not clear within the belief structure of SA. Certainly people pray to the Stars and venerate them, but they have never been described as constructs that possess a distinct life and will of their own. At best we think of them as a source of wisdom and, occasionally, prophetic revelations about the future. However, unlike traditional Judeo-Christian or even European pagan religions, the entities that are venerated by SA are not personified in any way. They are more like a force of nature, akin to gravity or the changing of seasons. From them we draw wisdom, but are they gods or spirits even? Not really. They're more like the moon, with its changing phases and its supposed effects upon human behavior. If you ask me, SA doesn't have many roots in anything European beyond perhaps a very primitive form of sky-worship.