Author Topic: OOC comments insulting another player Case  (Read 38815 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: OOC comments insulting another player Case
« Reply #30: September 08, 2013, 06:24:27 PM »

I did see that, and I saw Kai's rebuttal. There was still a power imbalance IMO and at some point Kai asked for others who were not moderators to chime in. I probably would've stayed out of it if he hadn't asked.

You keep talking about a power imbalance, as if it were something that had any bearing on the case. It doesn't. The Magistrates vote based on their own interpretations of the rules and the facts of the case, not based on whether their "old boys' club buddies" agree with them and slap them on the back the whole way.

The moderators, devs, and Magistrates are frequent posters on this forum because we all have an interest in ensuring that this game is and remains as fun and fair a place as we can reasonably make it.

That means making sure that when players are creating a toxic atmosphere–like Kai has been on the forum for a while now, and was in the game with his OOC comments–they are appropriately chastised for it, and they don't get to use a case against them as another venue for insulting and belittling people.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan