Author Topic: What prevents game to be competitive... i.e. to be a game.  (Read 28467 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
it is my first post in this thread i believe where i posted some propsal. i will repeat them, while some justifications can be found up there:

- rulers - much stronger exile option
- generals - ability to see all armies' orders and standing orders
- judges - they just need some additional guidance which could relieve them of apparent fear, that could possibly be done through this forum, or wiki update
- bankers - control of foreign trade - ability to impose selling/buying prices for foreign trade over lord's offers plus ability to limit or completely shut down trade with particular realms.
I actually agree with all these. They seem like reasonable requests that are not overpowering and are in line with the existing purpose of the positions.

Also, I would add that the general should get the same army status information that marshals get, but for every army. Like they used to have...

As far as judges go, we have been trying to correct this misconception regarding punishing of characters for not following orders, rumors/lies about lightning bolts, and the abuse of IRs as a blanket excuse for characters not performing their duties. It's a tough hill to climb, and takes the effort of every player to correct this erroneous belief.

- generals/marshals - ability to dismiss any noble from army (marshals limited to own army), generals also to have ability to dismiss every marshal. they should not be able to assign them to armies (except for their vassals), but should be able to ban them from armies.
I disagree with this one. The armies do not belong to the general. They belong to the sponsor, as such, the composition of the army belongs to the sponsor. If the general wants this kind of control, he should sponsor his own army.

However, these powers are good, but they should reside in the army sponsor, not the general. The sponsor can already change Marshal/VM at will. The sponsor should also have the ability to kick people out of their own armies. Just add that power, which has been frequently requested, and you have the powers you want, just in different people.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.