Author Topic: The assorted bits of Aldrakar Renodin's Life  (Read 72077 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
As written by the player of Sholan.

He glowered at the comment, "For me to indulge, let alone overdo such a thing, would require me to sit still for more than a few days. I spend more time eating trail breads and jerky and marching the countryside than I do drinking myself to sleep in a plate of pork." A small chuckle escaped him, "I probably have to be the least indulgent ruler of Luria, possibly Dwilight, in some time. I don't think I've had the pleasure of throwing my titular 'Imperical Weight' around more than a couple times, if at all. I don't even remember the last time I stayed the night in the Palace..."

Sparring with Aldrakar was an embarrassing thought, to say the least. "I'm a terrible swordsman, that's what I keep Hildric around for" He said, nodding in the general direction of the Captain - who was currently occupied with one of Aldrakar's men. Captain Hildric gave a distracted look in their direction at the mention of his name, but continued his discussion. "He's twice the swordsman I'd ever be, I only ever learned to fight dirty. Boot knives and alleyways...how terribly uncouth of an Emperor!"

"If it makes you feel any better, you know how hard it's been for Ellyn and I to spend any time together. Gods, she was nearly assassinated the last time we were alone for any length of time. Rynn's house is filled with fiesty, loud, and headstrong members - the women most of all. I doubt she hates you, but I'm sure you're like to get as much - if not more - of a sounding from her next you see her as I will from Ellyn. I don't know what happened before you left, but if it didn't end in her getting stabbed then I'm sure it isn't nearly as bad as you think. She's been through a lot these past few years, she probably just wants some stability for once. Don't we all?"

Sholan poured himself another glass of wine and smiled, "You're here now, she's at home calming down...hopefully. Ellyn might see her while we're away, spreading some sisterly gossip," he paused for a moment, "She proposed, of all things..."