Author Topic: The assorted bits of Aldrakar Renodin's Life  (Read 72077 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile

As written by the player of Seoras Madigan Nifelleisca

Seoras looked up at Jocelin's ducking and curtsy. Had nobility grown taller or was it just the westerners? Perhaps he might have the tent adjusted. It hadn't been the first time he'd had to enlarge an entrance way. Then again, he hadn't use of a tent lately, usually residing within a temple.

Considering the public nature of the slap within Viscount Theon's camp, rumours had begun to circulate amongst local minor nobility and the attendants of those more prominent nobility within Girich. Seoras had been busy writing, away from the various serving staff, and yet to meet with any merchants or local nobility, so was still unaware as to the extent of the situation.

Seoras chuckled softly at her greeting, standing, and bowing his head to her in respect, "I hope the same of your journey, Invocator?" Motioning to the mats, lighting some incense, "shall we sit?"

He could tell she was anxious. He sank to the ground, keeping his feet planted upon the ground while kneeling forward upon his knees. Sensing her discomfort with the position, he relaxed the pose by moving his toes from supporting his weight to resting under him. As they sat across from each other, he rested his hand upon her knee with a look of compassion and continued, "To ease one's mind in times of turmoil, a meditation upon the stars is suggested". Withdrawing his hand to rest upon his knee, he instructed her in the method.

Repeat within your mind the three Prophets' names - Mathurin, Rabisu, Malus. Focus your mind upon a quality they share as you chant, I shall focus upon their solitude, not letting your mind drift from that quality, constantly reinstructing your mind back to that quality.

And so they sat, Seoras with eyes closed. As the incense finished its burning, his eyes opened, smiling. "And what is it that has brought you to me?"