Author Topic: The assorted bits of Aldrakar Renodin's Life  (Read 71846 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The assorted bits of Aldrakar Renodin's Life
« Reply #195: January 28, 2017, 08:21:15 PM »
aaaand, my response to her suggestion to go into dinning room for lunch. I really liked how the two paintings were portrayed. So, I went a bit over the top and looked at the respective region' description and pretended my character knew about the land intimately. Such a showoff!

Lunch, for two

She gestured toward the dining room, having been prepared with all the amenities the country estate could offer.  A small fire burned brightly in its hearth on the far wall, over which a large painting of the West Divide mountains hung.  This painting was paired with another, a landscape painting that had been in the estate when she had arrived.  A wide open plain with a bright blue sky, and wild horses, a staple in Cadier, were the subject of the painting.

"I would be delighted for you to join me, Royal Aldrakar." Vespesia Caesara

His eyes roved the length and breath of lady in front of him. He blinked once, twice, ending up coughing into his hand as he tried to hide a mischievous smile. ''Yes, lunch. It sounds delicious.'' Having recovered from his initial but hopefully, subtle, shock. ''As you already seem to know my name, I would feel silly for introducing myself again.'' He looked thoughtful for a moment. ''Perhaps it would be best if I awaited the questions you might have for me.'' With that he walked into the dining room. Taking his time to appreciate the decorations. He stopped at the dual paintings, looking up at them. ''This ridge here, would that be in the northern regions of the West Divide?'' His hand had involuntarily already moved to indicate the section of the painting he was referring to. ''Near the pastures that so surprisingly feed all the of the mountain people?'' He glanced back at Lady Vespesia.

A soft bell rang and quickly following it, staff entered the room. They moved like silk. Soft, flowing and unobtrusive. They waited a moment for their chief butler to make a measured gesture that indicated for the two Nobles to take a seat. Aldrakar took his que from that and moved to pull out a chair for Lady Vespesia. Naturally he had selected a chair opposite the one he desired to sit at. ''Please.'' After the act he smoothly went over to his side of the table and sat himself down. ''Wonder what it is that your cooks have prepared for us. By the smell of it there is some sort of fowl under one of those lids.'' He offered a disarming smile. ''Please, don't think of me as some sort of ancient figure of legend. That would not do justice to history and I would never be able to live up to the expectation.'' He paused a moment to let his words sink in.

''While it was surprising to have been invited here, I must admit I am very happy you did so. Judging by your choice of clothes, you aren't the typical Lady. Then again, few people are what they seem. So with that said, ask me whatever you'd like. The old part was true after all.''

And so Aldrakar sat down with Lady Vespasia for lunch. His stomach more happy with the prospect than his mind might be willing to admit. Tough warrior mentality they call it., rubbish.