Author Topic: Expecting the wrong type of Roleplaying game  (Read 15629 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Aye.  It always annoys me when I see people in power in the game walking a pacifist path, and I've seen it all too often.

It all depends on the context.

On BT, I've built up my power and influence in order to increase conflict (to further gain more power and influence). Peace there always struck me as dull, and I always tried to disrupt it when opportunities presented themselves.

On Dwilight, though... There are *so many things* to struggle with, that war is the last thing I want. And I don't see that changing any time soon. I'm still careful as to now sign more alliances and treaties than desirable on the long-run, but still. Peace is what I've always strived for there, as war basically means death and I'd find little fun in dying to rogues and starvation as a result of diverted resources and manpower to a human conflict.

IMHO, the problem isn't rulers that seek peace. The problem is when all rulers of a continent do so, against the players' wishes.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron