Author Topic: Advanced Mentoring Concerns  (Read 20396 times)

cjnodell

Re: Advanced Mentoring Concerns
« Reply #15: May 10, 2011, 03:32:05 PM »
"BattleMaster is a light-weight game that can be played alongside your other activities. Although you can delve deeply into it and spend more time on it, about 15 minutes per day are enough for regular play, and 5 will do if you are in a hurry."

"In BattleMaster, we made that first inalienable right for a very good reason. The game is designed so that constant activity is not a requirement and the amount of good it does to be online all the time, or always right there at the turn or even every day is not as big as lots of people make it. In fact, Tom himself has successfully played in almost every position in the game, including as ruler, with days and weekends in between where he didn't log in at all, and many days with just one login of a few minutes. "

I guess that I misunderstood all of this. I am cool with the game as is. I love this game in fact. I simply feel we should either be helping new players to overcome the learning curve, adjusting a new players initial expectations, or dealing with a lot of disappointed new players that leave due to frustration.