Author Topic: Advanced Mentoring Concerns  (Read 20396 times)

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Re: Advanced Mentoring Concerns
« Reply #45: May 12, 2011, 01:54:30 AM »
And when I took a higher-level calc class that did not provide the homework answers, I dropped it after a week.

And when I took a stats class that did not provide the homework answers, I attempted to drop it, until I realized it was necessary for my major.

The reason answers are put in the back is because teachers have realized over time that without them, students don't learn as well, and they fail.

Vellos, that is looking at it in the wrong way.  Never are all the answers provided.  Do you get answers for your final exam?  Do you even get it back?  Why is that?

The only reason some answers are provided at the back is because teachers have realized that students need more examples before starting to solve problems themselves.  What you are suggesting makes it seem like the norm is that all the answers in life should be freely available to all, and that is most definitely NOT the case.  I don't want to read all the answers to questions, I want to learn and be able to solve not just this problem right now but all kinds of problems in the future.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.