Author Topic: Wounds worsening or mechanics harassing players.  (Read 8023 times)

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Certain things are encouraged for good reasons. In Atamara there are rulers who have had the same ruler for many years such that even if they autopaused due to inactivity as soon as they came back they were made ruler again. The same rulers in many of the realms causes stagnated politics which can result in realms becoming extremely boring as nothing changes. Dukes can not removed and many who are inactive will log in once a week just to keep their position which results in stagnation as they are holding a valuable powerful position and not even playing. I would bet most retire their old characters and make new nobles in realms they haven't been in instead of just replacing their old character will have a much more fun time.

They do understand that there are nobles that while old are still doing things and making the game a better place which is why its just encouraging retiring old characters and not automatic death after a certain age.

But doesn't that point out the problem with the current system? Do nothing dukes aren't going to get seriously wounded. Inactive older characters get off Scott free while active ones who are still doing things in game get punished with a very frustrating feature.

What if they just made it roll a fixed period you'll be wounded for? Would that hurt the balance so much? The other players will still have no idea when the character will be back, but the player of the wounded character can just note the time and not have to log in to check every day. I agree that this frustrating to keep logging in to find they're still wounded, or more wounded, or to see them starting to recover only to get worse again. I'd rather just see "you'll be able to move again in 6 days".

We can also make it a rule that you can't relay this information should you have another character in the same game world.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 04:12:12 AM by pcw27 »