Author Topic: Decay of infrastructure from lack of population  (Read 23784 times)

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Barca
« Topic Start: May 09, 2011, 01:32:10 PM »
#Annoying.. Tons of investments (ok, not that much), but a lot of gold has been wasted becuase our infrastructure breaks down. Everything we built seems to dissappear. Recruitment centres, armour/weapon smith, house of healing and what not. I don't understand it, while our production might be low, we have enough gold to pay for the maintenance for these buildings. Does anyone know why this happens?

I think the code works as to inflict damage on every building if production is not at least a certain absolute amount. I really don't like this: the threshold should be set as a function of the maximum production achievable given the population.

Low production with high population means degraded infrastructures and badly taken care of structures, and this can rightfully lead to building damage. But low production just because there is little population, to me, means that vast areas of the region are left wild due to lack of manpower, but the few inhabited zones are well taken care of. I believe there should be no damage in the latter case.

Usually one can avoid losing a very nice RC by keeping it at lvl 2. When it reaches 100% damage it should just lose a level and not lose the entire building, but still it's a painful waste of money.