Author Topic: Decay of infrastructure from lack of population  (Read 24232 times)

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: Re: Barca
« Topic Start: May 09, 2011, 09:16:20 PM »
Tch, that is not what I said.

I said: Don't go for it in the first place if you can't be protected. And there's a good reason I said that.

Why do you need outside help? Because you didn't build your own RCs because you know they will disappear before they can hit the necessary population to remain stable! It all makes sense now, doesn't it?

To summarize: If you can't get help before you make the realm, don't make the realm in the first place unless you're really that intent on it. Once you do set up the realm though, and it has very low population that will remain so for a while, and you have outside support to protect you (note the "and", which implies conjunction, meaning both conditions must be true), then you should refrain from building anything if you're really that worried about decay. That's why you have your buddies protecting you while you get to the point where you can safely keep your own facilities. It doesn't mean you have to wait until you hit the necessary number. You can even time it if you are that diligent such that your RCs and whatnot get to be about 90% damaged by the time you hit the "stable/repair point".

That was what I suggested, by far not to abandon it. Rather, it was to think a little about how to lessen the damage if you cared about it.