Author Topic: Decay of infrastructure from lack of population  (Read 23857 times)

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Re: Barca
« Reply #45: May 11, 2011, 11:22:37 PM »
If you have a large manor, but are only utilising a few rooms, then without a regular and extensive maintenance program it is likely those rooms will fall into disrepair. The damage may be so significant that it would cause structural damage to the rest of the building. If you MUST have a RP reason for something that is place for game balance reasons, then perhaps something along those lines will suit. Building and Maintenance are two very different task by the way. Building is a finite task, after which the work force can be tasked to other jobs. Maintenance is ongoing. It is quite plausible to be able to build something and then find you cannot spare the required workforce to maintain it.
How long does it take for a building to decay, in-game probable two seasons, half a year. It can be longer, it can be shorter. I do not know the exact numbers. Unless acid rain is pouring down upon the building, I can not see how a building becomes damaged beyond repair with half a year.

And we are paying gold for the maintenance of these buildings each week. Whom are we paying it to if there isn't any maintenance ongoing?

I completely agree that the whole string of posts relating to "How does population/production affect building damage/repair" should be discussed somewhere else. Perhaps the Helpline forum.
I'll pm a mod to move it to an appropriate forum.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar