Author Topic: T Minus 28 Days  (Read 107060 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: T Minus 28 Days
« Reply #60: February 07, 2014, 01:37:12 PM »
Going to confirm this... unless those 15 or so reports each day are lies.  :o Damn scribes, always moving when I use them for throwing axe practice!

Fheuvenem keeps getting new spawns. Too small to dent us, but still, it's pretty continuous.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: February 07, 2014, 08:35:53 PM »
Now i'm on a bit whiny mood :P

This is propably good and fun... BUT, same problem as these invasions have had previously on BT is occuring, those who have war going, suffers most on these and those lazy butts who chill out and play SimMaster this is just good entertainment and finally some action.

For future, if these happens again, i would suggest startings of these (possible invasions) should start from those realms which are not in war, and mayby give slight continent wide event to hint out those in war to get some sort of warning.

Dont get me wrong, this really is prolly fun and needed to do, just suggestion that it wouldnt put certain realms too bad position compared to others (especially those realms which are doing what everybody should be doing WAR!) :)
~Violence is always an option!~

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: February 07, 2014, 10:16:40 PM »

This is propably good and fun... BUT, same problem as these invasions have had previously on BT is occuring, those who have war going, suffers most on these and those lazy butts who chill out and play SimMaster this is just good entertainment and finally some action.

For future, if these happens again, i would suggest startings of these (possible invasions) should start from those realms which are not in war, and mayby give slight continent wide event to hint out those in war to get some sort of warning.

Dont get me wrong, this really is prolly fun and needed to do, just suggestion that it wouldnt put certain realms too bad position compared to others (especially those realms which are doing what everybody should be doing WAR!) :)

You knew this was going on and still sent armies into Fronen. That's not the game or the GMs' fault. You could have pulled back and been no worse off than the realms at peace.

Heck, I'd even challenge that assertion. At least your forces are mobilized. A realm that has been a peace too long needs to grease its gears.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: February 07, 2014, 10:28:29 PM »
Yeah, you had to do what we did. Cease fire until rogues are gone, then we can kill Riombarans again.
Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: February 08, 2014, 07:07:57 AM »
I know that this is supposed to be the "end of days", and that spawn rates just got turned up, but I just saw *four* monster hordes spawn in the *same* region.  :o ???

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: February 08, 2014, 08:09:44 AM »
You knew this was going on and still sent armies into Fronen. That's not the game or the GMs' fault. You could have pulled back and been no worse off than the realms at peace.

Heck, I'd even challenge that assertion. At least your forces are mobilized. A realm that has been a peace too long needs to grease its gears.
[/quote

We were already landing on Fronen lands when this happened. Realm which has been peace long time, propably is rolling on the gold and can raise heck of a army in few turns.

Noldorin

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: February 08, 2014, 09:46:07 AM »

Who the heck knew this was going on? Except for those with inside info, that is.

They wanted to pull back but Fronen didnt let them. Lets see how many friends that made Fronen.

And well, it takes not all too long to get nobles active when stuff starts happening. Thalmarkin has had peace for I dont know how long, and now we have nice big units running all over the place! :)
Everything in my own immediate experience supports my deep belief that I am the absolute center of the universe, the realest, most vivid and important person in existence.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: February 08, 2014, 11:30:18 AM »

They are rogues, they spawn regardless of what you are doing at all times. The rogue spawning doesn't have the ability to target geographical area's even if it was deemed to be beneficial to do so. In general these things are never designed to take into account the current political climate, because no matter how you try to do it, some group will complain that they are at a disadvantage.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: February 08, 2014, 11:55:11 AM »
The timing, autumn on dwilight, could have been better. Likely this will cause a decent starvation and the hordes don't seem to get any less..

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: February 08, 2014, 12:28:38 PM »
Yes yes, but what i tried to say... this current system(ok, its not happenin too often :)) it punishes those who are actively playing game.

It is thing which has annoyed me at BT all the time. You dont want to start a war, cause if invasion starts you are at bad position, those who sit and prepare have always done well on those invasions compared to those who have had fought wars.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: February 08, 2014, 12:41:34 PM »
Yes yes, but what i tried to say... this current system(ok, its not happenin too often :)) it punishes those who are actively playing game.

It is thing which has annoyed me at BT all the time. You dont want to start a war, cause if invasion starts you are at bad position, those who sit and prepare have always done well on those invasions compared to those who have had fought wars.

Except those that sit around and wait can often have poor co-ordination and participation. No good having your realm in "pristine" condition if you can't effectively use it.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: February 08, 2014, 01:03:26 PM »
Yeah, but war also often damages regions where battles are fought. This just reminds me about... 2nd? invasion, where Ar Agyr has fought long war against over half of the continent, bordering only 1 enemy. Those other realms sent small portions of their army other side of the island while their homes were tip top condition. When invasion started, AA had no chanche, border regions bad shape and some enemy roaming on our lands. It sucked, we had definately most effective war machine on whole island but we collapsed in few days... but such is life. I just wish these invasion things would start a bit slower and give heads up to those who are at war. BT has learnt this pretty well and most realms signed CF's immediatly.

But, just something to consider on future monster undead invasion plans.

Poliorketes

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: February 10, 2014, 01:15:27 AM »
BTW... "T Minus"?... Day "T"?

T, for... Troll? Typhoon? Tentacles?... What do you think -T- means?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: February 10, 2014, 01:16:41 AM »
While I hate to cut off a round of speculation, I only made it "T Minus" because that's the most readily recognizable countdown phrase for most Americans.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: February 10, 2014, 01:42:39 AM »
BTW... "T Minus"?... Day "T"?

T, for... Troll? Typhoon? Tentacles?... What do you think -T- means?
Maybe it means torpedo.