Author Topic: T Minus 28 Days  (Read 107051 times)

Zakilevo

Re: T Minus 28 Days
« Reply #45: February 06, 2014, 06:03:14 AM »
Well back in the days, Dwilight was impossible to fully conquer due to massive monster groups constantly pressuring your borders. This was reduced about 2 years ago?

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: February 06, 2014, 06:22:13 AM »
That would explain a lot then.
Geg Family: Elshon (Bel)

Zakilevo

« Reply #47: February 06, 2014, 06:28:28 AM »
Just think of it this way. Monsters are back and it is time for humans to retreat.

Eirikr

« Reply #48: February 06, 2014, 07:15:17 AM »
How? Obviously the continents are going to be sunk by increasing the mass they have to support beyond their limits. Thus to be fair to all the rate of rogue spawns is proportional to the mass carrying capacity of the island in question.

Well, you see, all the monsters and undead got this memo; an adventurer will find one in a monster den. They've all been told to go see the world away from Atamara to be sure as few of them as possible get sunk.

Didn't you see the cruise ships trailing body parts or the S.S. Caveship floating along to BT?

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: February 06, 2014, 09:33:47 AM »
Atamara and EC have indeed become in comparison to Dwilight too quiet after that start...I don't trust it! :p

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: February 07, 2014, 01:19:42 AM »
How? Obviously the continents are going to be sunk by increasing the mass they have to support beyond their limits. Thus to be fair to all the rate of rogue spawns is proportional to the mass carrying capacity of the island in question.

You think they plan to sink the continent that goes most rogue. If so, I'd hope there are fail-safes for existing noble density. Dwilight is boned if not.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Zakilevo

« Reply #51: February 07, 2014, 01:38:57 AM »
Pretty sure they are not trying to 'sink' the island. I thought the whole plan was to freeze an island until we get more people?

trying

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: February 07, 2014, 01:46:32 AM »
I  would expect them to sink the world with the LEAST rogues so that there is more space for refugees to build a new realm.

Eirikr

« Reply #53: February 07, 2014, 03:20:59 AM »
Pretty sure they are not trying to 'sink' the island. I thought the whole plan was to freeze an island until we get more people?

previous discussions of sinking an island

That's the word used in the announcement, apart from any trolling. Then again, that also says discussions of... which may not mean that sinking an island is actually what will happen.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: February 07, 2014, 03:28:29 AM »
I think it would be deluding ourselves to assume that the player base will ever grow significantly before most of the players on any given island de-invest themselves in their frozen characters or outright leave the game.

Freezing makes little sense.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Zakilevo

« Reply #55: February 07, 2014, 03:38:27 AM »
Either way we are going to lose an island and see people of that island either migrate or quit.

I just hope not too many people will quit the game from losing an island.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: February 07, 2014, 04:10:42 AM »
Either way we are going to lose an island and see people of that island either migrate or quit.

I just hope not too many people will quit the game from losing an island.

It's indeed a dilema, because those who quit might also have had characters elsewhere, effectively ending up with less continents and the same character density.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Zakilevo

« Reply #57: February 07, 2014, 06:22:43 AM »
So monsters stopped spawning? :o I was hoping to see them continuously spawn until March 1st.

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: February 07, 2014, 07:11:12 AM »
So monsters stopped spawning? :o I was hoping to see them continuously spawn until March 1st.

They definitely haven't stopped.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Eirikr

« Reply #59: February 07, 2014, 07:33:05 AM »
They definitely haven't stopped.

Going to confirm this... unless those 15 or so reports each day are lies.  :o Damn scribes, always moving when I use them for throwing axe practice!