Author Topic: T Minus 28 Days  (Read 105105 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: T Minus 28 Days
« Reply #30: February 05, 2014, 08:14:47 PM »
Ar Agyr's in Tindle. Good for them, they come come fight our rogues while letting their own roam free. We don't even need to set up militia to fend off northern looters now!
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #31: February 05, 2014, 10:46:43 PM »
The rogue invasion of Atamara is also manageable by the looks of it (compared to Dwilight). Does anyone want to weight in?
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: February 05, 2014, 11:04:09 PM »
I saw four groups, two were about 1400CS and the other two were around 500CS.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: February 05, 2014, 11:39:26 PM »
Yes, Atamara seems very tame. Smaller groups, and less recurrence of groups appearing.

In contrast, Beluaterra seems to be about the same as Dwilight in circumstance.

To take a wild guess: rogue spawns were all increased by x amount (percentage) across all continents (the same on all). Because Beluaterra and Dwi already had higher base percentages (a guess), it went all out of whack.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 11:41:36 PM by Bael »

Eirikr

« Reply #34: February 06, 2014, 02:22:27 AM »
Yes, Atamara seems very tame. Smaller groups, and less recurrence of groups appearing.

In contrast, Beluaterra seems to be about the same as Dwilight in circumstance.

To take a wild guess: rogue spawns were all increased by x amount (percentage) across all continents (the same on all). Because Beluaterra and Dwi already had higher base percentages (a guess), it went all out of whack.

That... or Atamara's being sunk.

/rumour mill

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: February 06, 2014, 02:24:58 AM »
That... or Atamara's being sunk.

/rumour mill

How? Obviously the continents are going to be sunk by increasing the mass they have to support beyond their limits. Thus to be fair to all the rate of rogue spawns is proportional to the mass carrying capacity of the island in question.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: February 06, 2014, 02:36:21 AM »
How? Obviously the continents are going to be sunk by increasing the mass they have to support beyond their limits. Thus to be fair to all the rate of rogue spawns is proportional to the mass carrying capacity of the island in question.

Wouldn't this put Dwilight in a unique disadvantage because of the character limitations?
Geg Family: Elshon (Bel)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: February 06, 2014, 02:39:25 AM »
Wouldn't this put Dwilight in a unique disadvantage because of the character limitations?

No. Think about it this way, more nobles = more troops = greater mass. This is neglecting the issue that obviously peasants also contribute to the overall mass, so in some circumstances rogues are helping you by eating them.

Kill those rogues as efficiently as possible, while allowing them to decimate the peasant population, preferably in someone else's realm mind you.

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: February 06, 2014, 02:49:47 AM »
Sorry, I don't mean to be a spoil-sport but wasn't Dwilight designed to have a greater carrying capacity than could ever realistically be filled by nobles?  Aren't there still cities on the continent that haven't reached their population potential since the island launched because they were rogue for so long?  It has taken until the last couple of years that we've really seen decent sized warfare on the island, I'm afraid that even if the island survives it will push us back years in terms of maintenance and realms will once again be more isolationist.  It seems inter-realm exchanges were just starting to peak and get exciting...

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: February 06, 2014, 02:52:31 AM »
Sorry, I don't mean to be a spoil-sport but wasn't Dwilight designed to have a greater carrying capacity than could ever realistically be filled by nobles?  Aren't there still cities on the continent that haven't reached their population potential since the island launched because they were rogue for so long?  It has taken until the last couple of years that we've really seen decent sized warfare on the island, I'm afraid that even if the island survives it will push us back years in terms of maintenance and realms will once again be more isolationist.  It seems inter-realm exchanges were just starting to peak and get exciting...

Sorry, I really should use [joke] quotes for some of these posts.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #40: February 06, 2014, 03:32:24 AM »

Sorry, I really should use [joke] quotes for some of these posts.

*raises hand and yells out* I got it!

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: February 06, 2014, 03:40:02 AM »
*raises hand and yells out* I got it!

Can I have "it" back? Please

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: February 06, 2014, 03:53:07 AM »
Sorry, I don't mean to be a spoil-sport but wasn't Dwilight designed to have a greater carrying capacity than could ever realistically be filled by nobles?  Aren't there still cities on the continent that haven't reached their population potential since the island launched because they were rogue for so long?

No.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: February 06, 2014, 05:12:10 AM »
The spawns we've seen in Corsanctum have actually been pretty tame; we're almost through all of them and half our army was overseas when it started.
MacGeil Family: Cathan (Corsanctum)
Formerly the O'Faolain, then Nisbet families

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: February 06, 2014, 05:24:36 AM »
No.

It was more rhetorical...

Echiur has never reached its potential population for sure.  Darfix looks to be under half of its potential population.  Without checking all the cities I'm sure there are more, especially in the west.

Or was that in reference to Dwilight designed to have semi-permanent rogue regions/room for expansion?

Asylon has been hit pretty hard and many were still coming back the long way after getting defeated in Astrum.  Only have characters on Dwilight, so no experience with how other islands are taking the invasion except for hearsay in realm chat.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 05:32:46 AM by Graeth »