Author Topic: T Minus 28 Days  (Read 106539 times)

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: T Minus 28 Days
« Reply #285: March 03, 2014, 06:53:07 PM »
Ha, indeed! Things are getting wild in western Dwilight... At this moment it wouldn't surprise me to see Thor coming through that dimensional hole at all...

Disturbedyang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #286: March 03, 2014, 07:03:07 PM »
I had to ask this again. IS Beluaterra affected by any of this? If not, why it isn't? If yes, why is nothing happening yet?

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287: March 03, 2014, 07:07:57 PM »
I am loving the event message today for Dwilight, especially the second part.  ;D

Yeah...I wonder which peasant was brave enough to taste it??

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #288: March 03, 2014, 07:08:41 PM »
I had to ask this again. IS Beluaterra affected by any of this?

No.

If not, why it isn't?

We have other plans for Beluaterra.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #289: March 03, 2014, 07:08:51 PM »
I had to ask this again. IS Beluaterra affected by any of this? If not, why it isn't? If yes, why is nothing happening yet?

Doesn't seem like it is. Don't know why, figured like it would have made sense to just remove it completely, or at least remove Riombara who are so far from everyone else that even their own players despair about the future (from what I could gather from the torture reports, at least).
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290: March 03, 2014, 07:09:25 PM »
To the point that someone was making about us all being people, and thus having different opinions, I would much prefer to just have everything wiped clean and start anew than have a long drawn out misery.
If this is your preference, you can always do this yourself by just pausing your affected character right now, and starting over somewhere else. You have the power to make that choice for yourself.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Disturbedyang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #291: March 03, 2014, 07:12:10 PM »
No.

We have other plans for Beluaterra.

Interesting. Will it be in the near future or will it be like some sort of invasion?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #292: March 03, 2014, 07:36:54 PM »
Interesting. Will it be in the near future or will it be like some sort of invasion?

It will not be in the immediate future. The details are still TBD.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

trying

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #293: March 03, 2014, 07:39:49 PM »
Is it possible to just have everyone in a realm join a new realm and then immediately start a rebellion?

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #294: March 03, 2014, 08:49:34 PM »
Is it possible to just have everyone in a realm join a new realm and then immediately start a rebellion?

I'm guessing that as with many actions, like changing class, you have to wait a few days first.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Forbes Family

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #295: March 03, 2014, 08:53:15 PM »
I've gone through and read every single post in this thread. I must say I can understand why some people would be down and whatnot but think of it this way. Wherever you now live, if there was a major disaster what would you do? Would you just sit there and basically wither away or would you move out and try to rebuild?

I don't really have a "main" character but I had contingencies for if something happened to any of my characters. Most of it involved fighting to the bitter end and trying to gain a foothold elsewhere but come on.

What would you do when your main character gets to old to play? when you only get a few hours per turn and it takes a week to move from region to region? Will you quit then? If so weather you leave now or later doesn't really matter imho.
Forbes Family

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #296: March 03, 2014, 08:54:35 PM »
Yeah...I wonder which peasant was brave enough to taste it??

They're peasants who just had their crops trampled and granaries fouled by monsters, they'll eat anything.
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
A New Resolve
« Reply #297: March 03, 2014, 09:00:24 PM »
This should shake things up a bit.
Timothy Collett

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #298: March 03, 2014, 09:01:18 PM »
Gotta say, for the land that is planned on being removed, that's a lot of trouble for the devs and a lot of discontent for players for a very little net gain. Barely anything of FEI, AT, and EC is planned on being removed.

http://topazgryphon.org/~tcollett/bm/ec_glacier_estimate.jpg
http://topazgryphon.org/~tcollett/bm/at_glacier_estimate.jpg
http://topazgryphon.org/~tcollett/bm/fei_glacier_estimate.jpg

BT lost a lot more than what is planned for AT during the invasion, and if it had any effect at all on noble density, it was quickly masked by player decay.

If that's all that is being cut out, we'll be back to pre-ice age player densities on those continents in no time.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Harumune

« Reply #299: March 03, 2014, 09:02:14 PM »
I assume a colony takeover will be made available soon?