Author Topic: The Trials and Tribulations of Usul Soul's Life  (Read 12760 times)

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Roleplay from Usul Soul

"...A for Agony?....Anger?....Audacious more likely!" Usul continued to ponder, "hmm...Angela? Audric? Armin?....No no it's not important at present."
He delicately peeled back the stained cloth linen to reveal the prize within. Unprepared for the shock, Usul lurched back into his chair which slid back along the stone floor almost tipping over. He had seen decapitated heads before, but rarely one so preserved with staring eyes which almost looked to still contain life.
Swiftly he re-covered the head with its wrap, scooped it up in his arms and hurried back down to the lower dungeon where Erasmus had remained with their caged creature.

"What progress Erasmus?" Usul asked as he emerged from the dark stairwell into the light of the dungeon.
The undead creature was sat cowered in the corner of the cage. Some small open wounds seeped blood, but the creature was quiet and obviously feared bringing attention to himself.
"It goes well indeed" Erasmus answered, "He is beginning to co-operate with us". Then upon noticing the wrapped object Usul carried in his arms, Erasmus asked curiously "May I ask what you carry upon you M'Lord?"
"Erasmus! I consider you my friend as well as my humble servant" Usul spoke, "Do I have your utmost loyaly? Can I trust you?"
"M'Lord!" Erasmus expressed whilst thrusting himself down to one knee, "I am your loyal vassal. You have my sword, my council....I will die for you my Chancellor!"

Usul handed him the note and explained the strange gift. "You know nothing of this Erasmus my friend?"
"It is not of my doing M'Lord" Erasmus explained, "I cannot know how any person has any knowledge of what we do down here, let alone knowing of the creature we have at present"
"Could it be true that there are others who know of the Book of Zraath?" Usul pondered out loud, "Could it be that others have discovered the gift of foresight and have seen the work we do here?"

Upon removing the cloth and revealing the head to Erasmus, with a curious look on his face, Erasmus asked "Does M'Lord know the identity of this particular head in question?".......
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 02:24:22 PM by Logar »
"...Together We Stand, Divided We Fall!..." -- 'Hey You', Pink Floyd