Author Topic: Feud  (Read 6675 times)

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
Re: Feud
« Reply #15: May 20, 2011, 10:02:57 AM »
Yeah after reflecting on this it might make things too complicated and will change the intra-realm dynamics in ways we can't predict.

If I could build on Tony's idea. It would be cool if Duke's could arrange their best swordfighter to fight the best of another duchy. It would of course: only be a symbolic battle, but a coole symbolic battle  8)
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

egamma

« Reply #16: May 20, 2011, 08:08:11 PM »
Yeah after reflecting on this it might make things too complicated and will change the intra-realm dynamics in ways we can't predict.

If I could build on Tony's idea. It would be cool if Duke's could arrange their best swordfighter to fight the best of another duchy. It would of course: only be a symbolic battle, but a coole symbolic battle  8)

Use a Tournament, if you want to see who's best. Otherwise, you could order your swordfighter to duel the other duke's swordfighter, as champions--there's historical precedent for that.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #17: May 29, 2011, 07:29:48 AM »
I think people got over-excited and began to ignore the first few posts, namely that:

A. It would be between two regions, not duchies.

B. The Judge would have the ability to make such actions illegal, and thus subject to severe punishment to the parties involved.

Personally, I think this would add more atmosphere, rather than the dullness of purely inter-realm conflicts that everyone seems in love with. Don't get me wrong, they can be fun, but not if that is all that there is to the game.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #18: May 29, 2011, 05:18:47 PM »
They were all there was to a game back a few years.  We still have around the same number of players.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #19: May 30, 2011, 04:26:06 AM »
What was it, you could play a Knight who had the great many options of recruiting a unit and moving around with it? And later on there was this Trader that you could move food or something. Come on loren, where are you?

Now going back to the feuds, there is some caution to be taken especially after the many years of people continually insisting on using duels for sport. Are we going to see the Region Competition Grand Circuit? Come one come all to the great spectacular showdown between the lush forests of the Greatoaks versus the trendy trade city of Prosperous!

You can deny all you want, but if any of you really had this option and there would be some clear winner proclaimed to the realm, even if there was no real reward, you know there will be more than a few guys out there who will insist on going at each other to see how their regions square off. Switch personal skills involved in sport dueling with power of the region you control.