Author Topic: So I Want To Be A Trader...  (Read 2402 times)

House le Drake

• Knight
    • View Profile
So I Want To Be A Trader...
« Topic Start: March 07, 2014, 07:14:42 PM »
What's on the tin, my friends.  I've been searching long and hard for a more in-depth guide to this sub-class, but I find myself unable to find anything.  If there is one out there that I'm missing, or someone cares to school a relatively new noble on this intriguing class, I'd love to hear it.  The Wiki has been a sparse read for me on the sort of depth I'm looking for, so please don't point me that direction.  Been there, done that, shot the guy who offered me the T-shirt for the umpteenth million time.

As for what questions I have about it...

1) So the different regions give different goods for trade.  I know Food comes best from Rural areas, and Lumber (or whatever) from Woodslands (busted by Anaris), but what about Mountains or Badlands?  I don't hear many people saying, "I need more ore!" or, "I need more sand/snow for my glass-blowing/ice-sculpturing business!"

2) Which class is a Trader best paired with?  By default I find myself thinking Courtier (the better to serve the realm) but I'm interested in hearing the advantages/disadvantages of other combinations.

3) If you've had a Trader, did you enjoy the experience?  Tell me as much as you can, the better to help me make this decision.

4) There's a lot of stuff I don't know enough to ask about.  This is another way of me asking, "What'd I miss, and how can I optimize myself for the sake of my realm and my own pockets?"
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 07:43:50 PM by Jocelinus »
"what is best in life?" "To see your enemies driven before you and laminate their women."