Author Topic: Noble density per realm - Dwilight  (Read 83166 times)

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Noble density per realm - Dwilight
« Reply #45: April 11, 2014, 08:29:54 PM »
Indeed, that is a good point. But when you propose something, be prepared to be told reasons why it may not work. Especially if it's something that we have, literally, already done, and the players despised it.
I understand and accept that. But instead of only finding flaws (which is always the easy and lazy thing to do) I think it's more useful to look at an idea and see what's good about it, and how can we mitigate the unintended consequences. If we tried something before and it failed, we should ask why it failed, and how can we change it without discarding the good parts.

As I already said on another thread, we have very different circumstances compared to 2008. The common critique of this idea is that it will result in realms being too spread out and there won't be enough nobles for regions to expand. Well, Dwilight today is very different. The realms will necessarily be close together because we have half the regions and a fairly large player base, at least for now. So maybe the critical flaw that caused this idea to fail in 2008, wouldn't necessarily repeat itself if we tried it today. And I'm sure there are hundreds of parameters in the game that could be tweaked to improve game play.