Author Topic: Noble density per realm - Dwilight  (Read 83191 times)

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
Re: Noble density per realm - Dwilight
« Reply #75: August 17, 2014, 01:39:00 AM »
Those figures are quite interesting. It looks like Astrum and Swordfell have stayed roughly the same, like Luria, Fissoa and D'hara have seen increases, like Asylon, Barca and Morek have seen big drops and obviously Niselur and Corsanctum no longer exist.

So what I see there is basically the western realms losing a large number of nobles, including the surviving ones, which is to be expected with realms which have lost their homelands, but this in turn has driven an increase in nobles for the eastern realms with the exception of Morek which is managing to buck the trend by shedding nobles rapidly - almost certainly due to reasons unique to the atmosphere in that realm.

Which means that overall the closing of western Dwilight has been a partial success and a partial failure. On the one hand, it has driven an increase in noble density in the south (I suspect the north would have seen this decline pretty much no matter what happened) but it has also lead to a large fall in total noble numbers as well - which is not surprising considering how demoralising this must have been for nobles in the realms hit by monsters.

It'd be interesting to see what the numbers are like for other continents. I get the impression from the limited perspective of my characters that it's worked far better on EC than FEI and I have no idea what's happened in AT.