Author Topic: Sigh...  (Read 23787 times)

Deytheur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Sigh...
« Reply #45: April 01, 2014, 07:02:24 PM »
Do you actually really believe what you say?
I mean seriously, where do you find these obvious facts for your argumentation?

Well, hello kettle.

I almost can't breathe; this is the best thing I've ever read and sums up everything perfectly.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: April 01, 2014, 07:43:00 PM »
See, the 5-6 people ingame are elected by many more people.
Why? Because they have obviously some talents. Experience. Leadership. Visions.
So these elected people have much more knowledge in what is best for their realms than most of your forum people.
They are there every day, know the continent, the people who play on it and everything that is relevant to it.

In game, you vote for or against a character, not people. If you're voting for people, then that 95% of your problem right there.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Hinamoto

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: April 01, 2014, 08:09:38 PM »
Soon the real reason will be revealed. No worries. Everything will come.

Sure. I bet there is an undeniable and logical explanation to desire the killing of the elves.  ::)

I believe the sole reason for people to hate the elves, is because they are unique. Sirionites are the only ones in the game allowed to play elves, and despite what Tom said about the only elves in the game are those chars created before idk which year (which i heavily disagree with), many people plays their chars as elves, because they are Sirionites, and they live in the realm of the elves and that really produces anger among the others, anger probably related to the envy about not been allowed to play the char as other thing than a human. This means that the elven hate comes from OOC reasons? I definetely believe so. Can be transformed into IC reasons? I definetely believe so. Persecutions of other races, ideas, religions have been part of our history, why wouldnt be something valid inside the game?
“A leader leads by example, not by force” .- Sun Tzu

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: April 01, 2014, 08:50:31 PM »
Sure. I bet there is an undeniable and logical explanation to desire the killing of the elves.  ::)

I believe the sole reason for people to hate the elves, is because they are unique. Sirionites are the only ones in the game allowed to play elves, and despite what Tom said about the only elves in the game are those chars created before idk which year (which i heavily disagree with), many people plays their chars as elves, because they are Sirionites, and they live in the realm of the elves and that really produces anger among the others, anger probably related to the envy about not been allowed to play the char as other thing than a human. This means that the elven hate comes from OOC reasons? I definetely believe so. Can be transformed into IC reasons? I definetely believe so. Persecutions of other races, ideas, religions have been part of our history, why wouldnt be something valid inside the game?

No one cares about the human-elf thing.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: April 01, 2014, 08:57:56 PM »
In game, you vote for or against a character, not people. If you're voting for people, then that 95% of your problem right there.

I agree. But then again, I believe that a great part of the char's not-game-mech-related skills depend a lot on the people's skills behind them.
That begins with simple things such as the language they use and ends with more complex things like for example social skills they have.

Possible is everything, but I believe to know that at least Atanamir has less brutal reasons to fight Sirion at the moment.  ;)

Hinamoto

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: April 01, 2014, 08:58:38 PM »
No one cares about the human-elf thing.

Many people argued wholeheartedly about that issue not too long ago with any player with a char in Sirion stating that was an elf. I even recall people mocking to those playing their chars as elves, as they chars using fake years with ducktape to look like elves.  ;D

If you were right, it would be great!

Hinamoto

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: April 01, 2014, 09:01:29 PM »
Possible is everything, but I believe to know that at least Atanamir has less brutal reasons to fight Sirion at the moment.  ;)

Then its clear that the southern alliance goes to war for Atanamirs "not that brutal reasons". There is certain achievement there, Atanamir is making half of the continent go to war for his personal reasons. I applaud that!

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: April 01, 2014, 09:13:16 PM »
Many people argued wholeheartedly about that issue not too long ago with any player with a char in Sirion stating that was an elf. I even recall people mocking to those playing their chars as elves, as they chars using fake years with ducktape to look like elves.  ;D

If you were right, it would be great!

Many posts. Not many people.

Hinamoto

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: April 01, 2014, 09:17:43 PM »
Many posts. Not many people.

It was quiet few people, counting that the issue escalated to the IRC and most of the discussion i saw, were there. Anyways... be it 2 or 3 or 20 it refutes your first statement. "No one cares about the human-elf thing." Clearly some people cares.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: April 01, 2014, 09:26:31 PM »
It was quiet few people, counting that the issue escalated to the IRC and most of the discussion i saw, were there. Anyways... be it 2 or 3 or 20 it refutes your first statement. "No one cares about the human-elf thing." Clearly some people cares.

Usually when someone uses the terms no one, or everyone, its hyperbole. 2 or 3 or 20 is still a small number stacked against the player base.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: April 01, 2014, 09:29:30 PM »
The "elf-thing" is just another "kidnapped king" or "haradrim" situation. All the same. This is theatrical. Dramatic... and totally false. Some will believe and follow, of course.

I also believe that there are many brutal reasons for Atanamir and characters with the same behavior and historic. Nothing wrong with that. They won a lot of people to their cause. Like many who hate them for the same reasons. I will fight for Sirion because I believe their plans (as characters and players) to divide Sirion is failed. Also, I don't try to impose my vision of this game in an entire continent by force. I don't like it. I don't need to be obtuse to change the game. The ends do not justify the means.

I will just ask, please... PLEASE... continue attacking Trinbar. I did my characters defending that walls against the continent.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: April 01, 2014, 09:32:33 PM »
Then its clear that the southern alliance goes to war for Atanamirs "not that brutal reasons". There is certain achievement there, Atanamir is making half of the continent go to war for his personal reasons. I applaud that!

Re-read my sentence. I was speaking only for Atanamir.

Hinamoto

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: April 01, 2014, 09:34:47 PM »
Re-read my sentence. I was speaking only for Atanamir.

No, you said "the real reasons will soon come out" and then you refeer as "Atanamir reasons" ending up as the real reasons that are about to come out are Atanamir's reasons which made me congratulate the skill to have all that people fighting Sirion for Atanamir's reasons.

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: April 01, 2014, 09:36:51 PM »
I will just ask, please... PLEASE... continue attacking Trinbar. I did my characters defending that walls against the continent.

haha Eduardo, maybe we should burn everything and leave only Trinbar and Avamar untouched! ;)
See Erik and Durion continue to claim to be undefeated while the rest burns...that would be funny...but utopical, of course. I am j/k.

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: April 01, 2014, 09:39:59 PM »
No, you said "the real reasons will soon come out" and then you refeer as "Atanamir reasons" ending up as the real reasons that are about to come out are Atanamir's reasons which made me congratulate the skill to have all that people fighting Sirion for Atanamir's reasons.

LOL you like puzzling from different posts, do you? ;)
But I take it as compliment that you try so hard to put something in my mouth which I clearly not said.
But I can only say that what you see sent by Atanamir or any other char IC is that what counts...