Author Topic: Number of Players Lost Since Glacier?  (Read 107532 times)

Jens Namtrah

Re: Number of Players Lost Since Glacier?
« Reply #195: April 21, 2014, 12:36:50 PM »
I don't think the density solutions are going to fix the game problems you are talking about.

In Darka, unless I'm misunderstanding something, about 1 in 4 nobles do not even bother to have an estate. There is a central Treasury and if you need gold you just ask and then sit and wait until they send you some.

Several regions have no estates or a minimum number, but no one seems to be very worried about it. I haven't heard much at all about trying to push south and take new regions. We are the largest realm on the island, by the way, and while we are technically "at war" with a large group of realms, it's really a very minor affair with one other realm.

I thought when I joined that the ice was supposed to push the northern regions south so they were forced to conquer lands to have a place to live, but all that seems to be happening is the realm got squished a little thinner. The realm to the south of us has about 1:1 noble to region. The realm south of THAT, that we are at war with,  is half as dense as we are, and when I went down there to loot I saw many empty estates.

You'll need to cut the size of the island in half to force any sort of noticeable change in the way people play, I feel.

----

On  a side note, despite being the largest realm on Atamara, there is hardly any interaction between players and it is dull as mud. Any recommendations for a realm with lots of fighting and role-playing about it?