Author Topic: Number of Players Lost Since Glacier?  (Read 107525 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Number of Players Lost Since Glacier?
« Reply #30: April 11, 2014, 01:10:45 AM »
The end result of this whole ordeal is that it was a very very bad show. Instead of allowing us to fight and show that we can hold our place, you had to force an artificial destruction of land that was invetable and could not be avoided. In my opinion, a fair challenge is the thing to go and allow players to determine their fate (bad outcome is good as long as it is your own fault).

You seem to have missed the point.

The entire purpose of this exercise was to reduce the number of regions available, so as to increase the player density in the remaining regions.

If we gave the players a fight they had any realistic hope of winning, that simply wouldn't have happened.

Remember, the alternative to this was never "do nothing." It was closing an entire continent, without any hope of fighting or changing it.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan